odd dreams
The last few days I have been some odd dreams.  The previous ones have some basis in reality (such as being late for work, moving into a new house, etc).  But after I got home from Mass today, I took a nap.  And the dream I had is really bothering me.  I was maybe destitute or something, anyhow I was accepted into this community that was being run by religious sisters (with habits).  Like i would go out to work everyday and then come back and I reckon gave much of my wages to support the community.  The men lived in barracks style housing, bunks and all and I guess the womenfolk as well.  Anyhow I was really happy to belong to it, like I felt at peace for once (compare to my current situation of struggling at every corner).  Apparently some time has passed and they had built new dorms and the ones we were in were slated for destruction.  So the man in charged of us was reading off a list of names for those who would go to the new dorms.  He had a stack of multi-colored papers, some were white, red, blue, orange.  The ones he gave to those he called were red.  When he was finished I went up to ask him where I am supposed to be staying as I wasn't called.  Then he pulled up a white sheet and shook his head and told me sorry.  He told me that I didn't make the cut and also that I owed them money for enjoying myself to much there and showed me a paper full of my errors (being late, not waking up on time, etc) and then it also had a monetary amount on it of that I owed to them.  I told him don't worry I was pay it back and then left for the outside world.

Anyone want to play Joseph and interpret?  It usually wouldn't bother me if it fell within my normal dreams realm of dectective stories and the such.  I am probably overthinking the importance wanting some kind of sign, but still it is just weird.
Sounds just like concerns you have when you are awake all thrown together in some weird mix.

My dreams are much weirder than that. I can easily have lucid dreams, but I tend to avoid them as I feel it is possible to sin when in a lucid dream. I have often had dreams where I've died or was about to die (not lucid dreams, although I probably could take control of them if I wanted to). If dreams are any indication, death hurts a lot at first, no matter the cause (not like normal pain, but extreme presssure and change).
I'm no help.  But owing them money for enjoying yourself too much is kinda funny.

The other day I woke myself up laughing.  Correction: snort-laughing, loudly.  I don't remember what I was dreaming, but when I woke up my sister was standing in my doorway smirking at me.
Do you have something that others don't have?

Like a good job?

Or a true love?

Maybe you feel guilty, and think you'll have to pay for it somewhere down the line.

either that, or you've watched Lily of the Fields too many times.
This is the dream.
Sleeeeeeeeeeeep
Sip sip
You're going to purgatory.

But since you are not a prophet, don't worry about it.  Just a dream.
Im no expert but maybe it was just a mish mash of you coming from mass and giving your monetary offering there. Maybe you were thinking while you were at church you didnt give as much as you would like? And maybe you were thinking of things you would like to correct in yourself? Who knows, I cant say. I just like hearing about peoples dreams. I find them fascinating, I mean the religious ones. Ive had various dreams of saints and popes and all sorts of things. Mainly types of premonition, like dreaming of things before they happen. And then they do really happen. So I find the dream state amazing because we do know from the Bible God communicates to us through dreams.
(08-30-2009, 08:11 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Sounds just like concerns you have when you are awake all thrown together in some weird mix.

My dreams are much weirder than that. I can easily have lucid dreams, but I tend to avoid them as I feel it is possible to sin when in a lucid dream. I have often had dreams where I've died or was about to die (not lucid dreams, although I probably could take control of them if I wanted to). If dreams are any indication, death hurts a lot at first, no matter the cause (not like normal pain, but extreme presssure and change).

In a lucid dream, it is quite an experience to conjure up a book of poetry and open it and read it. I've done this before with the intent of memorizing a poem to transcribe upon awakening. Unfortunately, I lost some lucidity and figured it would be easier just to carry the book back with me. I forced myself awake, and was genuinely taken with disappointment and surprise by my empty hands.
I never heard the term... Lucid dream. That's odd because I would say almost all of my dreams are lucid. I am aware that I am dreaming, I can control what happens, or if the dream isn't going the way I like I can force myself to wake up. And I always remember them. I just never knew it had a name before.

I heard that most of us dream every night but we only remember those dreams that wake us up. I also heard that most of us dream in black and white, but if we dream in color we will definitely remember the colors.

- Lisa
(09-11-2009, 12:33 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I never heard the term... Lucid dream. That's odd because I would say almost all of my dreams are lucid. I am aware that I am dreaming, I can control what happens, or if the dream isn't going the way I like I can force myself to wake up. And I always remember them. I just never knew it had a name before.

I heard that most of us dream every night but we only remember those dreams that wake us up. I also heard that most of us dream in black and white, but if we dream in color we will definitely remember the colors.

- Lisa

I dream in colour, but many of my dreams are in low light situations where colours are reduced.

Lucid dreamers are pretty rare, at least, consistent ones. I also sleep with my eyes open a lot (didn't realise it until others told me).