odd dreams
I dream in Infrared.

Several years ago, I used to have somewhat recurring dream-subject.  Once, I was being attacked by someone with a knife, and no matter how hard I tried to draw my gun, it just wouldn't budge.  The perp got closer, and closer, until I was fighting him off with one hand, while still trying to draw my gun, to no avail.  I tried to move out of the way, but I couldn't, so I fought him as best I could, until I couldn't breathe, and just before he stabbed me, I woke up.

Not long afterward, I dreamt that I tried to arrest a guy, he drew on me, and started shooting.  I managed to grab his arm, and all of his shots went into my vest, but even though I drew, and shot my whole magazine at him, he never stopped, and all of my shots were CNS shots.

disconcerting, to say the least.
(09-11-2009, 01:03 AM)Texican Wrote: I dream in Infrared.

Several years ago, I used to have somewhat recurring dream-subject.  Once, I was being attacked by someone with a knife, and no matter how hard I tried to draw my gun, it just wouldn't budge.  The perp got closer, and closer, until I was fighting him off with one hand, while still trying to draw my gun, to no avail.  I tried to move out of the way, but I couldn't, so I fought him as best I could, until I couldn't breathe, and just before he stabbed me, I woke up.

Not long afterward, I dreamt that I tried to arrest a guy, he drew on me, and started shooting.  I managed to grab his arm, and all of his shots went into my vest, but even though I drew, and shot my whole magazine at him, he never stopped, and all of my shots were CNS shots.

disconcerting, to say the least.

I have gun dreams too. In them, The trigger is way too heavy for me to pull at all (and at the worst possible times).

Recently, I've been having night time dreams involving big cats (a panther, most commonly). It is a weird dream series.
Wow. This is interesting. Many of my dreams are violent too. I am usually being chased by someone with a knife or a gun (I am never the one with the gun - I am the potential victim). I remember one dream where the stalker wore a bright yellow jacket and a red baseball cap. But that's the only one with colors that I can recall. All my other dreams must be in black and white.

- Lisa
(09-11-2009, 01:32 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Wow. This is interesting. Many of my dreams are violent too. I am usually being chased by someone with a knife or a gun (I am never the one with the gun - I am the potential victim). I remember one dream where the stalker wore a bright yellow jacket and a red baseball cap. But that's the only one with colors that I can recall. All my other dreams must be in black and white.

- Lisa

Speaking of guns...how's the writing going?
(09-11-2009, 01:33 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(09-11-2009, 01:32 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Wow. This is interesting. Many of my dreams are violent too. I am usually being chased by someone with a knife or a gun (I am never the one with the gun - I am the potential victim). I remember one dream where the stalker wore a bright yellow jacket and a red baseball cap. But that's the only one with colors that I can recall. All my other dreams must be in black and white.

- Lisa

Speaking of guns...how's the writing going?

It's all cleaned up, murder wise..  ;D but I haven't submitted it yet.

Mr. and Mrs. Survivor need editing; the wife's character needs to be fine tuned.
I had the most bizarre dream last night! I was inside a huge sprawling semi-dilapidated palazzo with some friends, and we went swimming in a huge Roman pool...and everyone's bathrobes kinda looked like wedding dresses, except mine was a grey toga/kimono type thing. And then I got accused of stealing two amethyst lockets (inscribed with coronets) but the terrible thing was I had actually pinched them. And there was a weird little bathroom designed for "the prince" that had a door so small and narrow only a child could get inside. And men in suits were milling around the place, taking paintings and statues without ever explaining.

I think it's all the sea air I'm getting now I live right near the sea. And my diet hasn't been stellar lately. Either way, very odd.
(09-13-2009, 03:43 PM)Melita Wrote: I had the most bizarre dream last night! I was inside a huge sprawling semi-dilapidated palazzo with some friends, and we went swimming in a huge Roman pool...and everyone's bathrobes kinda looked like wedding dresses, except mine was a grey toga/kimono type thing. And then I got accused of stealing two amethyst lockets (inscribed with coronets) but the terrible thing was I had actually pinched them. And there was a weird little bathroom designed for "the prince" that had a door so small and narrow only a child could get inside. And men in suits were milling around the place, taking paintings and statues without ever explaining.

I think it's all the sea air I'm getting now I live right near the sea. And my diet hasn't been stellar lately. Either way, very odd.
Every dream is a wish...
(09-13-2009, 04:04 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(09-13-2009, 03:43 PM)Melita Wrote: I had the most bizarre dream last night! I was inside a huge sprawling semi-dilapidated palazzo with some friends, and we went swimming in a huge Roman pool...and everyone's bathrobes kinda looked like wedding dresses, except mine was a grey toga/kimono type thing. And then I got accused of stealing two amethyst lockets (inscribed with coronets) but the terrible thing was I had actually pinched them. And there was a weird little bathroom designed for "the prince" that had a door so small and narrow only a child could get inside. And men in suits were milling around the place, taking paintings and statues without ever explaining.

Every dream is a wish...

Well, I have always wanted my own palace....
(09-13-2009, 04:07 PM)Melita Wrote:

Every dream is a wish...

And two amethyst lockets apparently :)
(09-13-2009, 04:16 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(09-13-2009, 04:07 PM)Melita Wrote:

Every dream is a wish...

And two amethyst lockets apparently :)
:fish: