A Man Just Gave Me A Pardon Crucifix
(08-31-2009, 09:21 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(08-31-2009, 04:05 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Yep, we wear one.

This is interesting: "we wear one". You each wear one, or you share?
The latter.
Its my absolute favorite crucifix of all time. At a time I was actually praying to find a nice crucifix ( im so fussy, such a woman) I actually found this crucifix laying at the foot of a Marian statue at my church. I knew right then and there my Blessed Mother was giving it to me and answering my prayer. It is very ornate and I love the Sacred Heart on the back of it with the writing. I am consecrated to the Sacred Heart and I think Our Lady knows that and specifically picked it for me. Where it came form Ill never know, I just know it was laying at her feet. There are many indulgences granted to people who wear it, kiss it, or have it somehwere on their person like in their pocket.
According to the FE site, the indulgences for the pardon crucifix are not in the new Enchiridion; do the indulgences originally granted still apply? Not sure how that works.
(09-02-2009, 11:23 PM)GuyIncognito Wrote: According to the FE site, the indulgences for the pardon crucifix are not in the new Enchiridion; do the indulgences originally granted still apply? Not sure how that works.

Unfortunately, no.

APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTION OF POPE PAUL VI INDULGENTIARUM DOCTRINA Wrote:Indulgences attached to the use of religious objects which are not mentioned above cease three months after the date of publication of this constitution in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis.
(09-03-2009, 04:28 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-02-2009, 11:23 PM)GuyIncognito Wrote: According to the FE site, the indulgences for the pardon crucifix are not in the new Enchiridion; do the indulgences originally granted still apply? Not sure how that works.

Unfortunately, no.

APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTION OF POPE PAUL VI INDULGENTIARUM DOCTRINA Wrote:Indulgences attached to the use of religious objects which are not mentioned above cease three months after the date of publication of this constitution in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis.

Another winner from PVI
What's the history behind the Pardon Crucifix? Anyone know?
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.