Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos
Anyone know about this man? Something strange happened to me. Well maybe not strange but enlightening. After I attended the committal service of my fathers ashes at the cemetery on Monday my mother in law came out of the blue and handed me a second class relic of this man. I told her I never heard of him. She said she had been carrying around this relic and just felt compelled to give it to me for no particular reason. After the little research I did I realized his feast day is also my birthday. I find this to be no coincidence and obviously God is leading me to this future saint for a reason. I just wanted to see if anyone else knows much about him.
(09-02-2009, 10:47 PM)SanctiDominici Wrote: Anyone know about this man? Something strange happened to me. Well maybe not strange but enlightening. After I attended the committal service of my fathers ashes at the cemetery on Monday my mother in law came out of the blue and handed me a second class relic of this man. I told her I never heard of him. She said she had been carrying around this relic and just felt compelled to give it to me for no particular reason. After the little research I did I realized his feast day is also my birthday. I find this to be no coincidence and obviously God is leading me to this future saint for a reason. I just wanted to see if anyone else knows much about him.

To quote St. Padre Pio, "There are no coincidences."

God IS leading you to find out more about this Blessed. Follow His guidance here.

Many thanks.
If you want to know more about him.He was born in Füssen,Bavaria,Germany,5 kilometres from the Austrian border.One of 12 children.Baptised on the day of his birth,he at a young age decided he would follow in the footsteps of his Patron Saint,Francis Xavier.He decided to become a Priest and met some Redemptorists whilst studying in the Seminary of St Stephen for Augsburg Diocese.He got permission to finish his studies with the Redemptorists in America.He spent the rest of his life in the service of German Americans.He is well known for his long confessional lines,often spending hours hearing confessions in German,English & French.He died at the age of 48 in New Orleans due to yellow fever.The National Shrine of Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos is located there and that is where you will find his body in a large coffin..Also here in Füssen we have a small Shrine dedicated to him.The Colletinne  Poor Clares at Ty Mam Du in Wales have also made a small Shrine in honour of him inside their convent.
More info can be found at
Seelos Center Website-The Official website of Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos
http://www.seelos.org/index.html

St Mang Basilica English Website-A private website dedicated to Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos
http://stmangbasilicafuessen.bravehost.com/seelos.html

The videos below on YouTube may also be helpful

I pray that that helps you
Yours in Christ
Myke Rosenthal-English