Woman with 6 or more kids, need your opinion!
St. Joseph is real powerful for me.  He gave me a great job and pay after many years.  The only thing is I have to live with chronic pain in both knees.  You give a little, you take a little.

So since the knee pain, I decided to ditch my multi level home because of the stairs, and get a ranch with basement built.  Just one flight of stairs.  The stairs are excruciating for me.

I am 37 and 7 children.  The new ranch house will have 6 bedrooms and 3.5 baths like my current house, but now it will be 5000 sq. ft. on 1 acre.  Right now, the current house is 2900 sq. ft. on 1/3 acre.  Of course, I am getting my workshop and billiard room in the new house since my old one cannot hold it.

If it was not for my knees, I probably will not be building another house, but since the market is for buyers, I jumped.  It helps the architect is a Trad, and I will probably be going with a Trad as the general contractor with a large family.

Since we homeschool, I thought I would also have space for an indoor gym.  I already bought the mats for grappling.

What I guess I am saying is that God provides.  ALWAYS PROVIDES.  Just have to trust him.  It just takes a lot of years and a lot of pain sometimes.
[pre]You have 2 kids sleeping with you? I dont go for that. I need my privacy Grin[/pre]

The choice is have some sleep or they keep you awake crying.All our children when aged 4 for at least 6-12 months came into our bed.If it gets to crowded I go and sleep in their bed or on the settee.My wife Miriam is German and doesnot like loosing her sleep!The children all know to come my side of the bed if they are unwell or need something.Privacy with 6 children is hard to find!Thats why daily Mass and meditation for an hour if possible is so important to feed the soul.
(09-08-2009, 02:18 AM)rosenthalenglish Wrote: [pre]You have 2 kids sleeping with you? I dont go for that. I need my privacy Grin[/pre]

The choice is have some sleep or they keep you awake crying.All our children when aged 4 for at least 6-12 months came into our bed.If it gets to crowded I go and sleep in their bed or on the settee.My wife Miriam is German and doesnot like loosing her sleep!The children all know to come my side of the bed if they are unwell or need something.Privacy with 6 children is hard to find!Thats why daily Mass and meditation for an hour if possible is so important to feed the soul.

Im talking about privacy in another way ;D :-[

[pre]Im talking about privacy in another way [/pre]

Yes ,well that can be very difficult but as we also use the Billings Ovulation Method of Natural Family Planning,we already have periods of Abstinence.We dont go without but its not always possible!
I had posted a similar question about this a while ago. I'm still wondering how we'll do it in the future. As it is, after this one, we won't be able to have another until we can afford a van. To top it off, our credit is horrible due to irresponsible choices in the past.
Im just totally taking it easy and trusting in God. I have been thinking about this thread alot, and a funny thing happened today.  I have been wondering what we are gonna do, as my house cant hold more then another 2 kids! My husband called me from work today, and asked me to look up when the next GED course is (General Education Diploma, basically a highschool equivalent) as he didnt finish highschool. I guess one of the foremen at work told him to get it, and they will put his name top of the list for the next foreman training course (meaning NO WAIT!). Hes been working for the city for 8 years, and knows allot more then some of the foremen who havent been there as long as he. This would mean a VERY significant pay raise. Im gonna pray real hard on this one, we have to ask my father in law if he'll help us pay for the schooling  :) It was just like a little voice in my ear. saying "Dont worry, I got you!"..I love God so much!! :)
(09-08-2009, 08:25 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Im just totally taking it easy and trusting in God. I have been thinking about this thread alot, and a funny thing happened today.  I have been wondering what we are gonna do, as my house cant hold more then another 2 kids! My husband called me from work today, and asked me to look up when the next GED course is (General Education Diploma, basically a highschool equivalent) as he didnt finish highschool. I guess one of the foremen at work told him to get it, and they will put his name top of the list for the next foreman training course (meaning NO WAIT!). Hes been working for the city for 8 years, and knows allot more then some of the foremen who havent been there as long as he. This would mean a VERY significant pay raise. Im gonna pray real hard on this one, we have to ask my father in law if he'll help us pay for the schooling  :) It was just like a little voice in my ear. saying "Dont worry, I got you!"..I love God so much!! :)

:) He does provide. My husband just got a promotion that allows me to stay home full-time. It's still a pay cut losing my income, but I am trusting in God as much as my fragile human self is able to.
I don't know if I ought to respond. I have only five children.  :-[

However, I live in Japan, and our house is small, very small.  We have five daughters, ranging in age from 10 to 9 months.  They share a double room.  (It's two small bedrooms opened into one.)  They have no beds.  They sleep on futon.  We fold the beds up and put them away during the day.  My husband and I have no bed, either.  We've slept on futon our whole 12+ years of married life.  We have the nursing baby sleep with us, on a baby futon pushed flush with ours.  Our house is 89 sq meters.  We have one toilet.  We get along just fine.  Sure it's crowded when my mother takes over the downstairs twice a week to teach English classes, but we're hoping that stops come spring.  (We usually try to get out of the house then.)  Our kids play outside whenever they can.

We get along just fine.  ;D

(I'm a huge fan of "privacy", too.  How else do we get the five?  ;)  That's why only the nursing one stays in with us.)
(09-08-2009, 08:25 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Im just totally taking it easy and trusting in God. I have been thinking about this thread alot, and a funny thing happened today.  I have been wondering what we are gonna do, as my house cant hold more then another 2 kids! My husband called me from work today, and asked me to look up when the next GED course is (General Education Diploma, basically a highschool equivalent) as he didnt finish highschool. I guess one of the foremen at work told him to get it, and they will put his name top of the list for the next foreman training course (meaning NO WAIT!). Hes been working for the city for 8 years, and knows allot more then some of the foremen who havent been there as long as he. This would mean a VERY significant pay raise. Im gonna pray real hard on this one, we have to ask my father in law if he'll help us pay for the schooling  :) It was just like a little voice in my ear. saying "Dont worry, I got you!"..I love God so much!! :)

:pray:
We just moved from a 6bdrm house in Maine to a 4 bedrm home in Kansas (we're only renting for the moment but hope to buy a bigger house in another town or build one).  We have our bedrm with myself and my husband and the 1 yr old, then another bedrm with the 4 oldest girls, another with the rest of the girls (5), and a smaller bedrm with the 2 younger boys (my oldest stayed in Maine). You simply do what you have to do, persevere and PRAY, A LOT. :)  We left Maine for our Faith.  We had to get out of there for our children's sakes.  Now, they attend a Catholic school, daily Mass, and we don't have to drive 100 miles to find the TLM.  ;D  Yes, it was worth it!