Woman with 6 or more kids, need your opinion!
(09-06-2009, 09:03 PM)SanctiDominici Wrote: Where do you put all these children...I know most people dont live in mansions.

Well, I'm not the mom here, I'm one of the ten kids (ten still at home, there's one at a convent Down Under), but if this helps with bedroom arrangements: We have the four boys in the master bedroom in two bunkbeds; Mom and Dad's room is actually the smallest; three girls in one room, three in another. Of course, not all families will have the same number of boys and girls but it could probably be applied to various combinations.
(09-18-2009, 07:54 AM)AgnusDei1989 Wrote:
(09-06-2009, 09:03 PM)SanctiDominici Wrote: Where do you put all these children...I know most people dont live in mansions.

Well, I'm not the mom here, I'm one of the ten kids (ten still at home, there's one at a convent Down Under), but if this helps with bedroom arrangements: We have the four boys in the master bedroom in two bunkbeds; Mom and Dad's room is actually the smallest; three girls in one room, three in another. Of course, not all families will have the same number of boys and girls but it could probably be applied to various combinations.

Doesnt this cause a considerable amount of fighting. I have 4 girls total and one set gets along in one room. But the other set in another room are like oil and water. I cant imagine putting another child in there :laughing:
We have the same problem with our two oldest girls.They fight like cat & Dog at times!
(09-18-2009, 12:29 PM)rosenthalenglish Wrote: We have the same problem with our two oldest girls.They fight like cat & Dog at times!
:laughing: :laughing: Happy Im not the only one with this problem! LOL they had a fund raising carnival at my daughters pre-school last year, all the other kids are playing nicely, my daughters are in a corner, on the ground, yanking each others hair out!!
:laughing:Been there-done that-Everyone looks at you as if their children never do anything wrong.Perhaps they dont do it in public! :o
(09-19-2009, 04:26 AM)rosenthalenglish Wrote: :laughing:Been there-done that-Everyone looks at you as if their children never do anything wrong.Perhaps they dont do it in public! :o
i know!!! they totally give me those looks...especially cause i dont rush over there and make a huge deal..More like, get off each other now, or ya'll getting spanks when we get in the car!! (and of course that gets dirty looks too!)
::) :fish: :fish: tell you my wife was reported to the police by a member of Sure Start.Her crime to chase after our daughter who was misbehaving in a swimming pool car park.She "Pulled" her back to the car!Sure start is an organisation in the UK for helping children.She was assinged to us and could have said to my wife who was dealing with 5 other children,"Can I help you".Instead she ranng 112 and spoke to the police accusing us of cruelty.The police came round at nearly 220hrs .Now if we were killing the children why did they take so long to come around?They never said who had accused us.We only found that out at a meeting set up to help us as we had 5 children at the time and home-schooled.Little did we know that "home-schooled" children are red-flagged on government ageny computers.We almost walked out of the metting we were so annoyed.The social workers kept an eye on us for 6 months then dropped us.We kept telling them that the Sure Start person was getting back at us because I had stuck up for myself when one of her mates was running a swimming session abouttwo weeks earlier and was rude to our children.Our health visitor was appalled by our treatment by all services concerned.We actually found one person in Sure Start who eventually believed us.We had by this time taken our complaint to Regional and they refused to let us take it higher to mational.Anyway just after this new "Deputy Manger" arrived who actually believed our story,the Senior Manager & the woman who complained about us were no longer working for the organsation.You have to be so careful what you do.Here in Germany when we first moved three years ago,we were looked on in disgust for using childreins on our then 2 year old boy.He is now 5 and has the strength of a 9 year old.He has always been very strong and very quick,so we had him on reings for his safety.One young mother shouted at us He is a child not a dog.So even when you try your best others will always find fault with your parenting. :o 
Thats ridiculous!Some ppl are so nosy! I was in the mall today actually, and my 3 yr old ran off, and down the mall, laughing at me the whole way. I grabbed her arm and literally had to pull her back, she did the floppy thing. People were giving me the dirtiest looks!
(09-18-2009, 11:14 AM)SanctiDominici Wrote:
Doesnt this cause a considerable amount of fighting. I have 4 girls total and one set gets along in one room. But the other set in another room are like oil and water. I cant imagine putting another child in there :laughing:
I have 4 girls in one room - two teens and two little ones.  It's not so much fighting, but the older ones get annoyed with the little kids' "stuff" all over the place.  I tell them to just deal with it....they have a roof over their heads, clothes, and food.  It's just a microcosm of the real world.

Christina
(09-19-2009, 06:28 PM)introibo Wrote:
(09-18-2009, 11:14 AM)SanctiDominici Wrote:
I have 4 girls in one room - two teens and two little ones.  It's not so much fighting, but the older ones get annoyed with the little kids' "stuff" all over the place.  I tell them to just deal with it....they have a roof over their heads, clothes, and food.  It's just a microcosm of the real world.

Christina
LOL that was what my parents said too..