Vesting Prayers for a Bishop?
(09-13-2009, 06:48 AM)augusztina Wrote:
(09-13-2009, 12:38 AM)Joan of Arc Wrote:
(09-12-2009, 09:24 PM)augusztina Wrote: shame on you Fr. Cekada.   :( 

Your pride is that of Lucifer.  Repent.

Where the heck do you get off speaking that way to a Catholic priest? Especially when he was simply commenting on how a Bishop vests...Wow!! that's a real controversial topic...nice segue to the insult.

So you have the gift of reading souls, like Padre Pio and can see into Fr. Cekada's?

You presumptuous, sanctimonious jerk. You are the the prideful one.

Firstly, I am not speaking.  Can you hear me?  He did not simply comment, he provided a link to his articles which are satanic in origin.

Secondly, I cannot "read souls"  that makes no sense whatever.  Admonishing a sinner is a work of mercy.

- Thirdly, how quickly you do the same thing that upset you so much by calling me names.  How is that helpful? 

Have a nice day.

" Firstly, I am not speaking."

- OK, you are writing. Are distinctions regarding this germane to any point you are trying to make? Or are you just trying to be a smart aleck?

" He did not simply comment, he provided a link to his articles which are satanic in origin."

-[i] All sorts of people
provide all sorts of links on this forum..You really should read the moderator's linking policy before commenting in this way. There is nothing here that violates it.

"Secondly, I cannot "read souls"  that makes no sense whatever.  Admonishing a sinner is a work of mercy."

- You cannot read Fr. Cecada's soul? And yet you call Fr. Cekada prideful and a sinner  ???..You came to these conclusions via what route? Are you telling me that no one can come to some of the conclusions that Fr. has, except through sin and pride?

In order for a sin to be present, one of course has to know that the subject matter in question is, indeed, sinful. There have been many learned men who have written on the topic in question. Many of them disagree and take opposite positions. Fr. Cekada has obviously read, prayed and come to the conclusions he has drawn via intellectual honesty and sincerely believing his opinions to be correct via the time he has invested in researching this topic. To insinuate that he is in a state of mortal sin regarding this is ridiculous.

It is entirely possible to come to the conclusions that Fr. Cekada has without the sins being present whatsoever. I also do not hold the positions you are making reference to, vis a vis Fr. Cekada. But there are many humble and holy people who are incorrect about various things they believe.

Do you honestly think that Fr. Cekada would change or benefit from instruction from you? He didn't embrace these positions last weekend  :laughing: He has held the positions that you take objection to for decades and has written many articles, as well as lectured on this topic.  He is a very intelligent man who holds an erroneous opinion on something. Such men do exist.

I think that your rude and presumptuous admonishments are not at all about trying to perform a work of mercy.  What they seem to be about are anger, arrogance and pride.

As well as an obvious agenda.

My Quebecois ancestors always taught that you never speak rudely about a Catholic priest. Even one you may have profound disagreements with.  He has devoted his life to serving God. Please be respectful of that.

Messages In This Thread
Vesting Prayers for a Bishop? - by Historian - 09-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Re: Vesting Prayers for a Bishop? - by augusztina - 09-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Re: Vesting Prayers for a Bishop? - by Historian - 09-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Re: Vesting Prayers for a Bishop? - by augusztina - 09-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Re: Vesting Prayers for a Bishop? - by mike6240 - 09-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Re: Vesting Prayers for a Bishop? - by Joan of Arc - 09-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Re: Vesting Prayers for a Bishop? - by Heinrich - 09-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Re: Vesting Prayers for a Bishop? - by Historian - 09-13-2009, 03:44 PM