Today's Sermon

The reading from today's service seemed to hit home.  Not sure how everyone else's Priest described it...

To correct a fellow Catholic in error is to be a good Catholic.  To do it without meekness and with too much pride is to sin as much as the fellow Catholic in error.

I have seen this problem on FE so many times it drives me to leave the site entirely.  There is a definite vein of too much pride of Catholic Faith knowledge and judgment from many people here.  I pray that good traditional Catholics be more humble in their Faith and their dealings with other Catholics.

Agreed. Pray for charity!
(09-14-2009, 05:45 PM)BlessedKarl Wrote: Agreed. Pray for charity!
..and humility.
(09-14-2009, 03:06 AM)calicatholic Wrote: The reading from today's service seemed to hit home.  Not sure how everyone else's Priest described it...

To correct a fellow Catholic in error is to be a good Catholic.  To do it without meekness and with too much pride is to sin as much as the fellow Catholic in error.

I have seen this problem on FE so many times it drives me to leave the site entirely.  There is a definite vein of too much pride of Catholic Faith knowledge and judgment from many people here.  I pray that good traditional Catholics be more humble in their Faith and their dealings with other Catholics.

May God bless you for your charity and for addressing this concern on the forum. Theological exactness won't get us to heaven as much as perfection of virtue.

+1