Daughter Pregnant - Should she get H1N1 shot?
(09-14-2009, 06:55 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I would get several professional opinions.

Prayers for your daughter..and congratulations!

verenaerin Wrote:When you cover up your ears from all the commercials and warnings and scary stories what does your gut say? How many times as a mother have you realized something wasn't right with your child when you were told otherwise, or visa versa.If your gut says no then go with that. God gave us that intuition for a reason.

I think StrictCatholicGirl and verenaerin are spot on.

In 1975 when another "swine flu" was threatening, I was expecting my first child.  No one knew what effect the vaccine would have on the newborn.  After having seen pictures of "thalydamide babies"  (Most of you are too young to remember, but StrictCatholicGirl certainly knows what I am talking about.)  I was wary of injecting/ingesting anything that may hurt my baby.  So I went with my gut, and did not have the injection.  Turns out there was no outbreak that year after all.

Fast forward 18 years and I'm pregnant with baby #4.  I had pneumonia in my last trimester.  That was definitely no fun.  I coughed so hard that I had to place a pillow over my belly.  I always was worried that the coughing would dislodge the placenta.  Sure enough I went into labor 19 days before my  due date.  Baby"s heartbeat was lost shortly before delivery.  Ended up pushing baby's head, body and placenta out all in one push.  By the grace of God he turned out okay--little over 5 pounds then--big bruiser now.  Thank God he is of a heard-headed temperament.  I think that's why he survived.

So bottom line, it's up to the parents after getting a number of professional opinions.

***And ResiduumRevertetur--Baby #4's middle name is Gerard--I did quite a bit of praying for his intercession during that pregnancy!***

Messages In This Thread
Re: Daughter Pregnant - Should she get H1N1 shot? - by orate - 09-15-2009, 05:56 PM