The End of the Modern World by Guardini
Thanks for the, er, clarification.
(09-22-2009, 01:38 PM)Walty Wrote: I had never heard of him before so I checked wikipedia.  Here was an interesting few lines that I thought would definitely scare some people here off:

Quote:His first major work, Vom Geist der Liturgie (The Spirit of the Liturgy), published during the First World War, was a major influence on the Liturgical Movement in Germany, and so ultimately on the liturgical reforms of the Second Vatican Council.[1] Pope Paul VI offered to make him a cardinal in 1965, but he respectfully declined.
Flannery loved his writings.
(09-24-2009, 12:24 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The NO and the TLM are two different rites,

Not according to our Most Holy Lord and Father Pope Benedict XVI. :) They are the Ordinary Form and Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.
(09-24-2009, 08:15 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-24-2009, 12:24 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The NO and the TLM are two different rites,

Not according to our Most Holy Lord and Father Pope Benedict XVI. :) They are the Ordinary Form and Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.
Proof positive that if you keep trying, it will turn out all rite in the end. :safe:
What a bunch of old women.