Having a religious article re-blessed
(09-25-2009, 07:52 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I have a St. Benedict's Medal which was blessed by my Novus Ordo pastor.  He did not use the regular blessing associated with the medal, but rather a general blessing for objects.  Is it inappropriate to have it re-blessed by a priest who will use the specific blessing?

Of course, you probably get blessed every time you go to mass; there's nothing wrong with that.  Why should piously-stamped bits of metal be more persnickety than you?
personally i don't trust new-fangled type blessings. i usually just go an get a Society priest to bless whatever i need done (mind you we are blessed to have 4 priests at our parish), but back when i was on the fence between conciliar and trad, i got a house blessed by a NO priest, who is pretty conservative (ie says the Latin Mass of Paul VI for his private MAss) but it was an unusual blessing compared to the traditional one.
i don't think theres anything wrong with getting things reblessed by trad priests. after all, many of us have even gone to the lengths of being conditionally confirmed and such like.
(09-25-2009, 11:49 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote:
(09-25-2009, 11:06 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: DarkKnight said:

DarkKnight Wrote:After I was confirmed, I handed Father my Scapular (which he barely recognized). He hit it with Holy Water and handed it to me (wouldn't even look at the enrollment directions that came with it). I still wear it every day, good thing I haven't died yet!

So it is obvious that Father should have realised he wanted to be enrolled whether he used the word or not and since the Ritual form of the enrollment comes with every 5-way I've ever seen he needed neither to have the form memorised nor rush to find his ritual.
No it's not obvious at all. Was this immediately after Confirmation, when the parish hall is full of people eating cake, drinking bitter coffee, and having their picture taken with Father? Was this on the steps after Mass a week later? We don't know. And your screen name isn't Dark Kinight, is it?
SoCal temperance isn't your strong suit, is it? Actually there were a whopping three of us in my RCIA class (yes, I'm wone of THOSE). We were in the rectory dining room and it was just he and I. Yes, I made it clear that it was my first Scapular (DUH!) so enrollment would be needed.