OK sippers...what do you sip?
And I mean regularly...If you have one you like but can't afford...post it but be honest that it's not your usual....I really would like to know both...because I want some to try out

UD and I usually end up with Crown if its on the rocks -- this is her pref (or straight...boozer)

I like Turkey and Coke, Evan Williams and Coke, and Jack and Coke  (81 proof...not that horrid 101 crap)

If we make whiskey sours it's usually some cheap blend like Canadian Club or Seagrams 7

7 and 7s are OK too.

I found and bought some VAT 69 a few years ago to try it after...Capt. Nix raves about it all over Europe in "Band of Brothers" --- it needed Coke
When Im in a position to sip, its usually beer. I like Stella or heineken, but corona more often. I also ABSOLUTELY love red wine. We drink oodles of wine.
If I'm at a bar with a decent bartender who has a muddler and bitters, I order Old Fashioned.

If they don't know how or I don't trust them with it, I order Jack and Coke.

If I'm in the mood to spend money or a special occasion, a single malt scotch.

At home, I keep George Dickel and Eagle Rare.

For beer, usually some cheap Michelob Ultra or Michelob Ultra Amber for 'regular' drinking to stay low carb/low calorie, since I'm not always drinking to taste.

If it's for taste, it's usually a very broad selection of beers, as I get bored after a week or two with something. So, for beers, hundreds and hundreds, and always searching for new ones to try.

Overall, I clearly prefer liquors obviously. Beer is like iced tea or 'just another beverage,' liquor is to enjoy myself.

We'd drink more wine, but the wife is a lightweight and I don't always want to kill a whole bottle (practically) myself. ;)
Beer:
Franziskaner Hefeweizen, Malteser Weissbier, ... basically any Bavarian hefeweizen.  :P

Taken a liking to:
Schlitz (the 60s formula)
Pabst Blue Ribbon (it's not the crap I expected...  so... yeah.  If anything - Milwaukee pride!)

Liquor: 
Likin' the spiced rum (Cap'n)
Jaeger now and then
Scotch (Only Walker Red...  haven't been able to afford/justify moving up in the scotch world)

Wine:
Most red wines
When I was a young lad (i.e. college) I tended to drink hard liquor, particularly whiskey (perference is Jack, though I usually go what is available which many times is Johnnie Walker).

I transitioned out into beer more these days, when I am in Texas, it is Shiner.  Elsewhere, I will explore.  Outside of Shiner, my tendency is toward Porters, like if I am in Colorado I will try the local Porters they have.  Also, when I am in Utah (of all places!!!), I will drink Polygamy Porter [Image: 3225069712_1a433a9896.jpg]  

When I am visiting people in the People's Republic of New Jersey, I tend to drink Yuengling if I go to bars or pubs.  

I would love to drink more wine, but for some reason I don't.  I guess if I am going to buy wine, I want that best bottle of italian wine ever.
(10-01-2009, 12:08 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: And I mean regularly...If you have one you like but can't afford...post it but be honest that it's not your usual....I really would like to know both...because I want some to try out

UD and I usually end up with Crown if its on the rocks -- this is her pref (or straight...boozer)

I like Turkey and Coke, Evan Williams and Coke, and Jack and Coke  (81 proof...not that horrid 101 crap)

If we make whiskey sours it's usually some cheap blend like Canadian Club or Seagrams 7

7 and 7s are OK too.

I found and bought some VAT 69 a few years ago to try it after...Capt. Nix raves about it all over Europe in "Band of Brothers" --- it needed Coke

I separate sipping and mixing. For mixing I just stick to a Rum and Coke. For sipping I usually go with a brandy or about to finish off a bottle of Jameson. I'm not sold on Jameson completely, but it is something I would have sitting around. I'm going to try Asbach Uralt next, it is a German brandy with a good reputation. Assuming I can find it. I may have to order online (has anybody done that, I'm leery to do so). I have moved away from mix drinks and prefer to sip on something straight after dinner or if I'm sitting at a bar then I will get a pint of a draft, usually S
Jameosn when i gots the cash, Guinness, Monteiths Black, Macs Black, Speights Old Dark or most commonly cheap rtds lol. cos they sell em in single cans and they're actually cheaper than soft drinks! go figure.
(10-01-2009, 12:50 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: When Im in a position to sip, its usually beer. I like Stella or heineken, but corona more often. I also ABSOLUTELY love red wine. We drink oodles of wine.

Belgian, Dutch amd Mexican! You do realise we brew beer in Canada!? :)
(10-01-2009, 03:33 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-01-2009, 12:50 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: When Im in a position to sip, its usually beer. I like Stella or heineken, but corona more often. I also ABSOLUTELY love red wine. We drink oodles of wine.

Belgian, Dutch amd Mexican! You do realise we brew beer in Canada!? :)

What are these fabled 'good' Canadian beers? They're certainly none of the ones I've tried.
To answer the question, Guiness for malt, single malt scotches and Irish for hard liquor. That's my champagne taste. My beer budget allows Canadian for beer and a Caesar at the end of the evening. I will also occasionally have a rye (Canadian for you yanks!), neat or on the rocks.