OK sippers...what do you sip?
(10-01-2009, 03:36 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(10-01-2009, 03:33 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-01-2009, 12:50 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: When Im in a position to sip, its usually beer. I like Stella or heineken, but corona more often. I also ABSOLUTELY love red wine. We drink oodles of wine.

Belgian, Dutch amd Mexican! You do realise we brew beer in Canada!? :)

What are these fabled 'good' Canadian beers? They're certainly none of the ones I've tried.
Well, Big Rock Trad Ale, brewed in CC's hometown, comes to mind! :) (And I love the name!)
When I'm buying........Old Grand Dad bourbon,Michael Collins Irish ,any of the Penn Brewery beers.I win a bet at  the VFW or off my brothers,
Knob Creek Bourbon,Jameson,any of the I.P.A,'s ( Dogfish Head,Stones,Bell's Two Hearted )and LaPhroig Single malt Scotch.Did try a Russian Imperial Stout the other night....blechhhhhhhhhhhh.........thought I was going to have to chisel it out of the glass.I guess that was my reward for betting against the Red Sox.
Sometimes after work, I'll sit down with a Jack & Coke or a beer/ale (Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams - I don't like the major U.S. beer brands like Miller or Bud - tastes like dishwater).  In the rare occasion I do go out to a bar, I'll order a Meyers rum and coke.  During the summer I'll imbibe in a gin (Tanqueray) and tonic and on a cold winter night I'll settle in with a good Manhattan (just a splash of vermouth, please).  A glass of wine is a staple for dinner on most nights.  After visiting Canada (Montreal) this summer I discovered an ale I really liked but never heard of before called Griffon Red (Rouge).  I believe it's made locally in Quebec and so I broght home a case. 
Gin (Bombay Sapphire or Beefeater) and tonic, wine (red or white, normally local). But I don't drink very regularly (not daily anyway), though I will if I'm in the mood or it's the weekend/a special occasion.
(10-01-2009, 03:39 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-01-2009, 12:50 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: When Im in a position to sip, its usually beer. I like Stella or heineken, but corona more often. I also ABSOLUTELY love red wine. We drink oodles of wine.

What are these fabled 'good' Canadian beers? They're certainly none of the ones I've tried.
Well, Big Rock Trad Ale, brewed in CC's hometown, comes to mind! :) (And I love the name!)

I can't believe you didn't mention Unibroue and specifically their La Fin du Monde!
(10-01-2009, 03:39 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

BIG ROCK! Grasshopper is an AWESOME Canadian beer...thats my party beer, what I drink at the bar. We have this awesome pub here, called Brewsters, they brew their own beers, they make an wicked Raspberry beer...oh its so good! Wow i cant wait to not be pregnant....
I use to be a Crown man, but lately, I find myself lately gravitating towards Forty Creek Whisky (an Ontario rye).  It's heavenly.  Mix in some 7-up, and you've got yourself a "47"

I have three bottles of 21 year old Glenfiddich in my cabinet.... blech.

Every year some good friends of mine come over and bring me a bottle. I open it, serve it, choke it down and ooh and ah over it enough so much that I get another bottle the following year.

Then, I have to hide the previous year's bottle so they don't think that I didn't appreciate it.

:-[

I might have liked scotch had my big brother and his buddy not gotten plastered once in high school and spewed enough of it so that I was turned off of it forever.

... and I didn't even have any.

I like those really nice aged prohibitively expensive( Anejo?) tequilas that come in those little bottles,neat

I like Bombay ( yeah, that's right ) and coke with lime, bloody marys,gin gimlets ( or gomlets if you've had enough of them), sloe gin fizz,or whiskey sours for a mixed drink

for a desertish drink, mudslides

beer for beer

Spanish tintos for wine

Licor 43 on ice for gettin' lickered up

oh, and Spanish cider - refreshing and you can give a little juice glass of it to kids on special holidays notthatIwoulddosomethinglikethat like Christmas or New Years

there's also the cutest little shot that is named for a red haired promiscuous woman - man, those are good.

now- all this being said, I rarely drink.

It's not that I don't enjoy it, but I'm not going to drink alone and I don't run off to Paris as much as I used to.

:)
(10-01-2009, 02:42 PM)libby Wrote: [i]I have three bottles of 21 year old Glenfiddich in my cabinet.... blech.

Every year some good friends of mine come over and bring me a bottle. I open it, serve it, choke it down and ooh and ah over it enough so much that I get another bottle the following year.

Then, I have to hide the previous year's bottle so they don't think that I didn't appreciate it.

:-[

You can send it to me! :) It's one of my favourites.
jovan, I would (really, I would!) but I think it's still illegal in GA to ship anything with even the teeniest bit of alcohol in it.

I wonder if I can water the plants with it?

instant tinctures!