OK sippers...what do you sip?
(10-02-2009, 10:34 PM)PeterII Wrote: &^$! your Coke and screw your pizza, just give me my Slivovica!

[Image: slivovica_budik_f.jpg]

;D
I love it, but I haven't seen it in years! :)

Quote:I love it, but I haven't seen it in years! :)

That's very sad  :(.  The LCBO offers it in Ontario. 

Well, not often. It's too expensive. Calvados. I like that.
[Image: calvados.jpg]
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(10-01-2009, 03:39 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-01-2009, 03:36 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(10-01-2009, 03:33 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-01-2009, 12:50 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: When Im in a position to sip, its usually beer. I like Stella or heineken, but corona more often. I also ABSOLUTELY love red wine. We drink oodles of wine.

Belgian, Dutch amd Mexican! You do realise we brew beer in Canada!? :)

What are these fabled 'good' Canadian beers? They're certainly none of the ones I've tried.
Well, Big Rock Trad Ale, brewed in CC's hometown, comes to mind! :) (And I love the name!)

When we have occasion to share a beer with a priest - we always buy Traditional Ale! 

I seem to never be in the position these last years to have them, but I love bourbon sours.
(10-02-2009, 10:50 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-02-2009, 10:34 PM)PeterII Wrote: &^$! your Coke and screw your pizza, just give me my Slivovica!

[Image: slivovica_budik_f.jpg]

;D
I love it, but I haven't seen it in years! :)

Dh equates Slivovic with gasoline. Every where he went in Slovakia he had to drink Slivovitz.

He prefers Becherovka.
I like single malt Scotch whiskeys.  I kind of "collect" them.  Any time I go to the liquor store for a new one, I get one I haven't tried before.  I have about a dozen so far I've tried.  Only the Highland distillers, though.  I don't like the flavor of Islay scotches. 

Several years ago, I used to live in S. Carolina.  They had a beer, Yuengling (I think you can get it all over the east coast), I absolutely loved!  Best I've ever had.  Haven't been able to find it west of the Appalachians.  Too bad...I miss it.
(10-05-2009, 04:12 PM)amasimp Wrote: I like single malt Scotch whiskeys.  I kind of "collect" them.  Any time I go to the liquor store for a new one, I get one I haven't tried before.  I have about a dozen so far I've tried.  Only the Highland distillers, though.  I don't like the flavor of Islay scotches. 

Several years ago, I used to live in S. Carolina.  They had a beer, Yuengling (I think you can get it all over the east coast), I absolutely loved!  Best I've ever had.  Haven't been able to find it west of the Appalachians.  Too bad...I miss it.

Yuengling is a PA beer. Oldest brewery in PA yadda yadda yadda....
I get a smile out of how much many people love Yuengling. It was the cheap beer we drank in college (north eastern PA). I know so many people that think it is the best stuff.
Interesting how the regional beers like Yuengling and Shiner have so many fans.

Quote:Dh equates Slivovic with gasoline. Every where he went in Slovakia he had to drink Slivovitz.

He prefers Becherovka.

It's great for dressing wounds and throwing into the eyes of your attackers too. 
:beer: homebrew :beer:
I sip Folgers or Early Grey Tea, currently.  :laughing:

But when I used to drink, I loved Martini's (shaken not stirred, 1 part gin, 3 parts Vodka, and splash of Vermouth with 3 olives).  But you can only drink so many of those. 

So for fun I would drink Gin and Tonics (FYI:  George Bush's favorite drink), made with Tangueray Gin and good old Tonic with a two- fresh squeezed limes for garnish.  These Tangueray Gin and Tonics taste like a delicious "spicy yet bitter, 7- up" to me. 

Plus, I also had my own favorite mixture of extra- Spicy Bloody Mary's.  And don't forget those home-made Frozen Margaritas, they are always fun while BarB-Q-ing.

For Beer, I liked Blue Moon and Shiner.

I can drink in moderation, (better than most) but it increases my pride at times... So I gave alcohol up for the love of Mary.

Michael.