OK sippers...what do you sip?
Tonight (and recently), Shiner Holiday Cheer.  Brewed with peaches and pecans, it's yummy to my tummy. 

[Image: holiday+cheer.jpg]
I'm a beer man myself.

I really like Wittebacker, it's a nice wheat beer, light in taste, very refreshing on a hot day, but it has a decent ABV (~5.3%).  I'm also a big fan of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  Those are probably the two beers that I drink regularly.

My dad picks up a lot of fag beers from his favorite bar and I've loved some of those but I can never remember the names!  They're also, obviously, fairly expensive and can sometimes be way too fatty for me.

I really hate barley wine . . . just too syrupy and sweet and nasty.  I also hated this one fag beer my dad god one time, Terrapin Station or something, it had a small amount of honey in it and that just ruined the beer for me.  Guess I don't like sweet alcohol :)
(11-15-2009, 06:54 PM)John92 Wrote: I'm a beer man myself.

I really like Wittebacker, it's a nice wheat beer, light in taste, very refreshing on a hot day, but it has a decent ABV (~5.3%).  I'm also a big fan of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  Those are probably the two beers that I drink regularly.

My dad picks up a lot of fag beers from his favorite bar and I've loved some of those but I can never remember the names!  They're also, obviously, fairly expensive and can sometimes be way too fatty for me.

I really hate barley wine . . . just too syrupy and sweet and nasty.  I also hated this one fag beer my dad god one time, Terrapin Station or something, it had a small amount of honey in it and that just ruined the beer for me.  Guess I don't like sweet alcohol :)
Explain please? what makes a beer a fag....??
Standard tea or Earl Grey (cf avatar). ;D
Beer and Gin
(11-15-2009, 06:54 PM)John92 Wrote: I really hate barley wine . . . just too syrupy and sweet and nasty.  I also hated this one fag beer my dad god one time, Terrapin Station or something, it had a small amount of honey in it and that just ruined the beer for me.  Guess I don't like sweet alcohol :)
Oh come on. Barley wine isn't too bad. How can you beat a beer that has an alcohol content of 10-12%. I'm an ale man myself. Porter, dry stout, imperial stout, ipa, pale ales, bitters are all right up my alley.
(11-16-2009, 10:38 AM)serviam Wrote:
(11-15-2009, 06:54 PM)John92 Wrote: I really hate barley wine . . . just too syrupy and sweet and nasty.  I also hated this one fag beer my dad god one time, Terrapin Station or something, it had a small amount of honey in it and that just ruined the beer for me.  Guess I don't like sweet alcohol :)
Oh come on. Barley wine isn't too bad. How can you beat a beer that has an alcohol content of 10-12%. I'm an ale man myself. Porter, dry stout, imperial stout, ipa, pale ales, bitters are all right up my alley.

Lol I don't even necessarily like the alcohol in it.  It tends to make me really sleepy for some reason (could just be in my head though).

It's great for a nightcap though!
In the winter:
Black coffee, espresso, cappuccino, tea
Absinthe (uber-tasty, really!), vodka and lime

In the summer:
Cucumber water, cold coffee, sun tea
Tequila and lime, mojitos

Beer is good too.
This might sound really strange, but I enjoy beer more in the autumn and winter months. Most people drink it more in the summer.
I don't "sip" regularly (on a schedule), but I do often enough that I thought I'd make a contribution.

I enjoy 50% vanilla vodka with 50% cidar (it has no name, I just thought I'd give it a try one day), dark beers, and spiced rum. If I'm enjoying a fine dining experience, I tend to gravitate towards lime Margaritas and Kendall-Jackson wine.