SSPX or Orthodox
So, do you all think my third option is good: if say I was a Priest at this point, I would just go celebrate an NO Mass on my own.
(10-02-2009, 06:57 PM)nsper7 Wrote: So, do you all think my third option is good: if say I was a Priest at this point, I would just go celebrate an NO Mass on my own.

I think a lot of folks just caught their breath in bewilderment
(10-02-2009, 07:01 PM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(10-02-2009, 06:57 PM)nsper7 Wrote: So, do you all think my third option is good: if say I was a Priest at this point, I would just go celebrate an NO Mass on my own.

I think a lot of folks just caught their breath in bewilderment

If I had one other person, perhaps I would celebrate the TLM then. When I was the Franciscan monastery in Washington, DC, someone mentioned that according to the rules the TLM always requires someone assisting the Priest. Can someone clarify that?

If you were a priest there'd be no issue; even if you were in the heart of Rome you'd still say your own Mass.
(10-02-2009, 07:16 PM)NonSumDignus Wrote:

If you were a priest there'd be no issue; even if you were in the heart of Rome you'd still say your own Mass.

Can a Priest, if not on-duty (i.e. not assigned to celebrate a specific public Mass), simply attend (not as a celebrant/con-celebrant) a Mass to meet his Sunday obligation? What about a Bishop, even the Pope? Just wondering.
(10-02-2009, 07:18 PM)nsper7 Wrote: Can a Priest, if not on-duty (i.e. not assigned to celebrate a specific public Mass), simply attend (not as a celebrant/con-celebrant) a Mass to meet his Sunday obligation? What about a Bishop, even the Pope? Just wondering.

Yes, I think that is the case. I believe it's only customary for secular priests to celebrate Mass privately, but not an obligation like the Office.

nsper7 Wrote:So, do you all think my third option is good: if say I was a Priest at this point, I would just go celebrate an NO Mass on my own.

Err..... why are you posting here?
(10-02-2009, 07:24 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Err..... why are you posting here?
Careful! I asked him that question, since he's obviously not a Traditionalist as defined on this forum, but I was accused of attacking him.
(10-02-2009, 07:57 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Careful! I asked him that question, since he's obviously not a Traditionalist as defined on this forum, but I was accused of attacking him.

The OP just doesn't seem to comprehend that this forum is not a smaller version of CAF with some TLM fanboys.

I believe those who have real problems with the Society are a minority in this forum, and posters have made that abundantly obvious. So what the hey-hey-hey kind of "third option" is this? I'm not a super-hardcore trad by any means, but seriously! I find it amusing that he smugly writes "So, do you all think my third option is good" as if a gaggle of people are going to come out and say "fo sho', brotha" and give a digital high-five of peace.

To his credit...Nsper7 is a bit different that that other guy who popped on the other day...He does not typically go around maligning an entire class of trad and then sit on his high horse as if it is an OK thing to do....I believe Nsper is trying to get it...it will take a lot of time especially as he is a convert...and although he is in no way a trad and now seems to realize he's what most he would call a neo-cath or conserv NO...he is open to discussion and asks questions and is willing to review the answers 

It is frustrating to see some of it bounce off the wall so to speak, but not everyone is born into the trad world...It took me and UD a long toime to get where we are...and I was a goofball attack dog on the SSPX for a few months way back in 99 or 98...until I had done enough reading and seen enough of the arguments to know better....and even after I thought they were mostly right or even more right than the FSSP, we still did not switch exclusively to the SSPX until our daughter was refused baptism...so sometimes it just takes life...

Words ain't going to do it in most cases

I just appreciate...although he drives me bonkers with some of the stuff that comes off his keyboard...that he is a willing listener even when I'm being hard.

Trying to reconcile some of this crisis takes time..sometimes...a long time.
(10-02-2009, 09:47 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: To his credit...Nsper7 is a bit different that that other guy who popped on the other day...He does not typically go around maligning an entire class of trad and then sit on his high horse as if it is an OK thing to do....I believe Nsper is trying to get it...it will take a lot of time especially as he is a convert...and although he is in no way a trad and now seems to realize he's what most he would call a neo-cath or conserv NO...he is open to discussion and asks questions and is willing to review the answers   

It is frustrating to see some of it bounce off the wall so to speak, but not everyone is born into the trad world...It took me and UD a long toime to get where we are...and I was a goofball attack dog on the SSPX for a few months way back in 99 or 98...until I had done enough reading and seen enough of the arguments to know better....and even after I thought they were mostly right or even more right than the FSSP, we still did not switch exclusively to the SSPX until our daughter was refused baptism...so sometimes it just takes life...

Words ain't going to do it in most cases

I just appreciate...although he drives me bonkers with some of the stuff that comes off his keyboard...that he is a willing listener even when I'm being hard.

Trying to reconcile some of this crisis takes time..sometimes...a long time.

Agreed, which is why despite the accusation made against me, I haven't attacked him as I have the liberal, modernist troll you reference. :)