Anyone used the new e-cigarettes?
Just wondering. I found some on sale at a gas station (!) and am switching over and wondered what others thought.
e-cigarettes? They pump virtual toxins into your body?
They pump real nicotine but no nasty chemicals.
But do thy have delicious flavor?
They have lots of flavors, apple, strawberry, etc. So let's hope they don't become attractive to non-smokers and cause an addiction! But for smokers they could be a very good thing. Many just need the nicotine taste and the hand-to-mouth routine.
I've been using mine off and on all day (a few "real" cigarettes in between, not acting like a chain-smoker!). It's pretty much like switching brands except for that every once in a while I puff too hard and get some of the liquid (which is rather sweet-tasting). I think that once I am totally used to it, it will work great--a lot of times I have to go outside, etc. to smoke, and this way I can smoke inside when it's cold rather than freezing :)
Newtolatin: I'm going to humiliate myself by showing my ignorance now.. but, oh well, it won't be the first time. How does the cigarette work? Is it really electric? I mean, do you plug it in? Does it take a battery? They don't burn down, right? You buy only one cigarette and that's it, right? How much does it cost?

- Lisa 
These e-cigarettes really work. They must be charged like a cellular phone. They are designed to look like a "normal" cigarette. The rechargeable battery inside heat a chamber with a nicotine solution (really nicotine or fake) that is vaporised. Vapors look like smoke. The little chamber with nicotine must be replaced after about 25 uses (this is: daily for one smoking a pack per day). The price (here, in Romania, Europe) is the same as for any other cigarette smoking.

Yes, but the suck. I smoke cigars now, cigarettes are for whimps and fags.
(10-07-2009, 12:40 PM)Matthew_R Wrote: Yes, but the suck. I smoke cigars now, cigarettes are for whimps and fags.

Aren't cigars the smoking equivalent to a big truck?
(10-07-2009, 12:40 PM)Matthew_R Wrote: Yes, but the suck. I smoke cigars now, cigarettes are for whimps and fags.
Cigarettes are fags...