Priests do disco Mass (video)
As the linked page says, "Strong stomachs only" ...there's video.. :puke:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damian...achs-only/
Why? Why disco? It wasn't even good disco. I LOVE disco...that wasn't disco.

Can someone tell me why they did that? Seriously, this is basically what happens when baby boomers continue to fall in love with themselves.

They have nothing on Fr Liam.

But seriously, that is revolting!  :puke:  and WHY?!?  :shrug:
The whole reason behind these abominations is to get the youth involved and show how hip the Church is. Most teens and 20 somethings think a Priest dancing to disco is just gay. Its sad trying to see these aging baby boomers engage the youth they honestly think that we are just like their 1960's hippie generation. Youth masses where I am at still play Peter Paul and Mary for communion hymns.
(10-07-2009, 12:06 AM)Baskerville Wrote: The whole reason behind these abominations is to get the youth involved and show how hip the Church is. Most teens and 20 somethings think a Priest dancing to disco is just gay. Its sad trying to see these aging baby boomers engage the youth they honestly think that we are just like their 1960's hippie generation. Youth masses where I am at still play Peter Paul and Mary for communion hymns.

It's funny you say this, this was kind of a 'theme' when I went through RCIA in a NO parish. The hippies in charge were always baffled that someone 'young' (me) would disagree or interject on points of religious indifferentism, the real presence, etc. They really must have thought "We're going to show these kids Catholicism is cool" and we were fairly unimpressed.

I even said once that if I wanted to be in a Church where belief was engaged in private interpretation and the Church really didn't have 'authority' (a claim they said was 'outdated') then I could have just stayed a Protestant. They didn't know what to say to that.

Why didn't they do it to "Macho macho man...I want to be...a macho man....macho macho man"

So many lost opportunities ... oh well.
Disgusting and I didn't even watch the video...two words that have no business together are DISCO and MASS.
(10-07-2009, 12:14 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(10-07-2009, 12:06 AM)Baskerville Wrote: The whole reason behind these abominations is to get the youth involved and show how hip the Church is. Most teens and 20 somethings think a Priest dancing to disco is just gay. Its sad trying to see these aging baby boomers engage the youth they honestly think that we are just like their 1960's hippie generation. Youth masses where I am at still play Peter Paul and Mary for communion hymns.

It's funny you say this, this was kind of a 'theme' when I went through RCIA in a NO parish. The hippies in charge were always baffled that someone 'young' (me) would disagree or interject on points of religious indifferentism, the real presence, etc. They really must have thought "We're going to show these kids Catholicism is cool" and we were fairly unimpressed.

I even said once that if I wanted to be in a Church where belief was engaged in private interpretation and the Church really didn't have 'authority' (a claim they said was 'outdated') then I could have just stayed a Protestant. They didn't know what to say to that.

I know what you mean the Liberal pantsuit Nun who taught RCIA and ran our Newman center parish (the Priest had to ask her if things were okay to do) did this crap all the time. When she was teaching RCIA during a sagment on Marian piety she mentioned the rosary and how it is a lovely prayer for grannies with a condescending chuckle. About 5 of us me included all in our early 20's at the time rose our hands and said that we pray the rosary all the time. She asked why when you can engage with full active participation in our Eucharist? Some girl spoke for all of us and said because we love the Mother of God. She stopped for a few minutes like a deer caught in headlights then she said with her nose up in the air "well there is nothing stopping you from doing it but, in general we as a Church have moved on from that medaevil Mary worship. So I corrected her by saying not really JPII is a strong promoter of the rosary and marian piety(his lone good trait) and she said" well yes but he is the Bishop of Rome Not Helena, we try to make things more "hip" here were not into that old meditating stuff you should join our praise band". To which I said "praise bands are for aging Protestant baby boomers. She shook her head and moved on to talking about how statues in Catholic Churches in the old days were over the top and its better with have copied our Protestant Sisters and Brothers in removing them from our Church".
  Yeah I quit RCIA there and went to a little more conservative parish where I got to teach our Priest how to say the rosary.
(10-07-2009, 02:20 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(10-07-2009, 12:14 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote:

I know what you mean the Liberal pantsuit Nun who taught RCIA and ran our Newman center parish (the Priest had to ask her if things were okay to do) did this crap all the time. When she was teaching RCIA during a sagment on Marian piety she mentioned the rosary and how it is a lovely prayer for grannies with a condescending chuckle. About 5 of us me included all in our early 20's at the time rose our hands and said that we pray the rosary all the time. She asked why when you can engage with full active participation in our Eucharist? Some girl spoke for all of us and said because we love the Mother of God. She stopped for a few minutes like a deer caught in headlights then she said with her nose up in the air "well there is nothing stopping you from doing it but, in general we as a Church have moved on from that medaevil Mary worship. So I corrected her by saying not really JPII is a strong promoter of the rosary and marian piety(his lone good trait) and she said" well yes but he is the Bishop of Rome Not Helena, we try to make things more "hip" here were not into that old meditating stuff you should join our praise band". To which I said "praise bands are for aging Protestant baby boomers. She shook her head and moved on to talking about how statues in Catholic Churches in the old days were over the top and its better with have copied our Protestant Sisters and Brothers in removing them from our Church".
   Yeah I quit RCIA there and went to a little more conservative parish where I got to teach our Priest how to say the rosary.

*finger in throat* (at the nauseating words that RCIA catechist said)
*gag*

Is it wrong for me to think that the Catholic Church adopting Protestant theology and practice is like a perfectly healthy human being ingesting cyanide?
Why?

Well, innovation leads to more innovations and error leads to more errors as the loss of faith gains momentum.

That video is simply another example of what has been happening since the inception of the NO - heck, we went to a "Santa Mass" some 40 years ago - just saying that a Concelebrated Disco Mass is nothing new.

Quite the tradition these fine clergy are promulgating hey?