San Antonio Latin Mass Club meeting on Sunday
There will be a casual meeting this Sunday for Latin Mass enthusiasts at the Lion & Rose Pub to discuss orthodoxy and liturgy over beer and cigars. PM me for details.
The first monthly meeting was a great, if understated, success!  Anyone in the San Antonio area, please join up, for great fun with fellow Catholics.  ;D
I second what Elwin said.

The Latin Mass Club: it's better than sex.
It was a blast indeed. The discussions were fast and furious, and I quite reveled in getting Trad discussions out in the public square.

[Image: BA62468.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=2AC75F...A939642396]

Inaugural toast, inaugural meeting.

[Image: IMG00446-20091011-1546.jpg]
Jack, Elwin Ransom, already very buzzed as you can see, after just a few swallows of ale.

[Image: IMG00447-20091011-1547.jpg]
Rob and the King talking about Viking Metal. They are REALLY into Viking Metal. I kid, don't remember the discussion at this moment, but Viking Metal did come up.  :laughing:

That first picture has me grinning like a jackal. I normally censor the pictures I don't like of myself from the media.  ;)
:D
By the way, I was trying to remember the name of the band and song that I particularly like in regards to LOTR Metal ( :laughing:) and here it is. Man what a face melting guitar riff. Heavens to Mergatroid.

Or how about another offshoot of LOTR Metal...Hobbit Metal.... :laughing:

We should start a Hobbit Metal group just so we can say we are a Hobbit Metal band.

BagginsRoar
(10-12-2009, 10:12 AM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: [Image: IMG00446-20091011-1546.jpg]
Jack, Elwin Ransom, already very buzzed as you can see, after just a few swallows of ale.

[Image: IMG00447-20091011-1547.jpg]
Rob and the King talking about Viking Metal. They are REALLY into Viking Metal. I kid, don't remember the discussion at this moment, but Viking Metal did come up.  :laughing:

Can't even tell I'm smoking a pipe... Looks more like I'm picking my teeth with a rusty railroad spike... And for the record, there's a big difference between buzzed and out of focus.  :fish:  :laughing:

(10-12-2009, 06:19 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: Or how about another offshoot of LOTR Metal...Hobbit Metal.... :laughing:

We should start a Hobbit Metal group just so we can say we are a Hobbit Metal band.

BagginsRoar

That would be.  AWESOME.  We'd need some really big props, though...  :laughing: