Ghosts!
(10-15-2009, 10:21 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Heres a link to Bannack the pic in the corner is of that creepy hotel and you can see the second story palour windows. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bannack

Wow, that story was amazing, Baskerville. Thanks for sharing and also for the link!

Crusader King, thanks for your links. I'll read them tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime.. but, of course, I don't want to go to bed now.

:pray2:
Here's another. This is a story that is in our local newspaper every Halloween. There is this old house built in the 1890's on 5th street here in Missoula and it looks like something out of the Addams Family its a Victorian style house with the round stairwells and the whole nine yards. Anyway the house was built by a local college professor in the early 1900's. The professor died and in the 1910's his wife overcome by grief committed suicide. Well not long after this the son inherited the house and not long after they moved in he could hear his mother crying and screaming though the night. The screams were so loud they woke up the neighbors in the next houses. This went on for decades until the son and his family  moved in the late 1940's. It was vacant and just falling into ruin but people would still hear the screams and see lights moving in the house. Finally in the mid 90's a family bought it and this stuff kept happening the family started to remodel the inside of the house and the ghost got physical  the ghost started slamming doors and physically pushing people well the family called in a Priest (from my Parish) and he did a sort of blessing exorcism thing and everything stopped. The family has now restored the house into a beautiful Victorian mansion. It was very well known and Called Missoula's House of Screams for decades.
(10-15-2009, 11:29 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(10-15-2009, 10:21 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Heres a link to Bannack the pic in the corner is of that creepy hotel and you can see the second story palour windows. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bannack

Wow, that story was amazing, Baskerville. Thanks for sharing and also for the link!

Crusader King, thanks for your links. I'll read them tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime.. but, of course, I don't want to go to bed now.

:pray2:

Not a prob. I love telling that story. Up until that time I never really believed in ghosts tht much but I do now.
For more years than I care to remember,  I have been asked to help remove unwanted spirits from homes and businesses.  I use prayer, Holy Water, Blest Salt, and incense both inside and outside of the places I go to, to help.  The most important thing to remember is that prayer  and the proper sacramentals are always needed, not just a water, table salt and incense, and a couple spontanous prayers.  Everything has to be done correctly and reverently.  The person doing this must never belittle any one, even if you think the person or persons are a little odd or ever having medical problems that can explain the  "hearing and feeling" of things that no one else can hear or see of even feel.  The most important thing for me is that I can help someone out of a love that only can come from the Holy Spirit.  I also NEVER accept any monies or anything for what I do.  I purchase everything I need or obtain it through the Church, and use it only for the purpose I got it for. :pray:                 
My mother always used to tell us these stories that she had heard growing up in Italy.

My grandfather and several of his brothers served in WWII. One night, my great-aunt was sitting at her window when she saw a man approaching. It was her brother, in uniform. She was overjoyed to see him and they talked for a long time. As he was walking away, she noticed that he had only one leg. Shortly thereafter it was reported that he was MIA in Eastern Europe. No one in the family knew what had happened to him until a few years ago when my uncle did some research. He went to Russia to find where my great-uncle had been buried, and also found military records that showed that he had, indeed, lost his leg.

Not really a ghost story, but: When my great-grandmother was a little girl she used to have to take the cows to pasture. One day, there was another little girl there. They had a great time playing all day, and when they were ready to lead the cows home, my great-grandmother asked, "Will you be back tomorrow?" but the girl said no. "How about the day after that?" "No." "Next week?" "No, I won't be here." My great-grandmother thought it was a game until she started getting frustrated. "Maybe next month?" "No." "Next year??" "No." That night the girl died.
(10-15-2009, 11:56 PM)piabee Wrote: My mother always used to tell us these stories that she had heard growing up in Italy.

My grandfather and several of his brothers served in WWII. One night, my great-aunt was sitting at her window when she saw a man approaching. It was her brother, in uniform. She was overjoyed to see him and they talked for a long time. As he was walking away, she noticed that he had only one leg. Shortly thereafter it was reported that he was MIA in Eastern Europe. No one in the family knew what had happened to him until a few years ago when my uncle did some research. He went to Russia to find where my great-uncle had been buried, and also found military records that showed that he had, indeed, lost his leg.

Not really a ghost story, but: When my great-grandmother was a little girl she used to have to take the cows to pasture. One day, there was another little girl there. They had a great time playing all day, and when they were ready to lead the cows home, my great-grandmother asked, "Will you be back tomorrow?" but the girl said no. "How about the day after that?" "No." "Next week?" "No, I won't be here." My great-grandmother thought it was a game until she started getting frustrated. "Maybe next month?" "No." "Next year??" "No." That night the girl died.
I heard a story once about a WWI soldier. One night his wife was sleeping and she felt something get on her bed, it turned out to be her husband who was over seas fighting in the war, he was sitting on her bed and started crying then dissapeared. The next day the woman got a telegram that her husband had been killed. Weird.
If anyones interested here are some pics of the inside of the Creepy Bannack hotel

http://www.ghosttowngallery.com/htme/bannack2.htm

the fourth pic down is the outside of the Hotel and a saloon next to it then the next pics are the inside of it. At the bottom of the page there are other pic gallerys numbered 1-5 of bannack its a cool creepy place. I always have wanted to go there on halloween night there's this really creepy cemetery there from the 1800's, problem is its a 4 hour drive from my house.
(10-15-2009, 10:52 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(10-15-2009, 09:26 PM)Rosarium Wrote: I recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/Exorcist-Tells-His...0898707102

There one thing "ghosts" are not is the souls of the dead. The dead do not remain in this world, and there is no "wandering". If things are moved or weird things happen it is either a human living or a demon of any sort.

I was once told the exact opposite by a Priest. I was told that spirits condemned to purgatory may be forced to wander this life and ask for prayers for their souls and this was a Trad Priest too!

Read what I said before those two statements, which you edited out  ;)

If they are in purgatory, then they are not wandering. The fact that they can possibly contact the living for intercession was admitted as possible. I was saying that the popular view of ghosts wandering or not know they are dead, or something.
I'm very surprised as the unorthodox off-the-cuff discussion here so far.

Really, when we're dead, we receive our judgment. Then and there. We either go to Heaven or Hell or Purgatory. None of those places are earth, so they're gone, not here.

If they are to 'visit the place of their ruin' or whatever for some sort of afterlife penance at the discretion of God fine, but that's total speculation and we cannot know that for certain as it hasn't been revealed by the Church or in Scripture. Even if so, none of that necessitates interaction with living humans, not even being in purgatory.

Why are people making stuff up, or saying things so contradictory to the doctrine of final judgment?
I have had two instances of sleep paralysis. Each occured in a seperate house, and each involved my mother's voice. In both instances I was completely, totally awake and fully conscious.

In the first I was on the couch in the family room. I heard a sweet, gentle voice, put me at ease and made me feel happy--and then, I was overcome with a fear and could not move, at all. I could not even cry out; mumbles, and attempts to cry for help were muffled due to a sinister whisper along the lines of 'I will get you.' After maybe 10-15 seconds it was gone. I shot up and ran to get the Epiphany water and crossed myself and dowsed the area.

The second time happened just a few weeks ago. I had been waking very early, around 4, to go lift weights and train. The alarm was set to 740 KVOR, which syndicates Coast to Coast AM. They were talking about the supernatural and I immdiately thought to myself, "I wonder if this unleashes demons?" And then . . . BAM! A total and overwhelming chill, my mom's voice crying out "Dave" which was immediately muted by a deep, penetrating growl, deeper than a lion's x 1000. WIth that came a vision of a scabbed fireball, oranger than anything I have ever perceived. Again, attempts to cry out were thwarted until I prayed to St. Michael. Again, shot up, got the Epiphany water.

I will reiterate: I was awake both times, heard my mother's voice, overwhelmed with a penetrating chill, unable to move, unable to cry out intelligibly; both were over in a matter of seconds after I invoked St. Michael.