Actor Jack Black Prays to Satan on MTV
(10-23-2009, 11:31 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(10-23-2009, 07:27 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote:
(10-22-2009, 08:37 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Anyway, sorry for being out of the loop but I haven't had a TV since 1999.

A Fish for that.....there are even fewer no-TVers than Trad Catholics.  None for me since '95.  Isn't it GREAT?

Thank you for the fish and yes it is great. People don't realize the difference in their lives until the TV is out of it. I love the sanity, the calm, the quietude - the beautiful absence of noise both external and internal. Now I must admit I got the Internet about the same time I threw out the TV so my form of entertainment was switched. BUT.. (and this is a big but), there is no comparison between the TV and the Internet as far as control. I have found it much easier to click off an offensive page on the Internet that it was to walk over and turn the television off. We tend to keep the TV running in the background all day long even when we're not watching it - and we allow the rapid succession of violent and sexual images and sounds to continously invade our minds until we become totally de-sensitized. I can tell you that when I now visit my daughter's house - and they have their television going 24/7 - I can barely sit there. I get so nervous. I ask them to turn it off just for an hour so I can visit. And if we happen to watch a movie or the six o'clock news I find myself dying of embarrassment or shock. Getting rid of the TV has totally UN-desensitized me and it's a wonderful feeling!!

- Lisa

I do watch TV less than I used to, but I still find myself turning it on sometimes for no particular reason (and watching whatever's on). But I am getting better... my one vice is Lie to Me.

Hopefully I can reverse the effects of desensitization.

Ora pro me.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Actor Jack Black Prays to Satan on MTV - by SouthpawLink - 10-27-2009, 03:09 PM