Christopher West Thanks and Responds to his critics
(10-27-2009, 11:09 PM)Walty Wrote:
(10-27-2009, 11:01 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(10-27-2009, 08:47 PM)anthony Wrote: All this coming from someone who hasn't even studied it?

:laughing:

I'm not sure which one of us you were referring to.  If it's me, I have only read a few of JPII's addresses and I've taken the course of Theology of the Body as presented by Christopher West's organization at a local parish out of curiosity.   

I think part of the issue is that you are familiar with it through Christopher West.  I don't think anyone here would claim that West is anywhere near ok in his approach, nor is it loyal to the actual work of JPII.

Yes, that would seem to be the case.   West is the default guy for TOB, but he put waaaayyy too much of his own schlock in there.  I don't like Weigel, either.  When you go back and take the time to read the primary source, you see that it's not quite what some people say.   This issue is what convinced me that I needed to avoid reading commentary on anything that I hadn't actually read.

Messages In This Thread
UO - by Historian - 10-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Re: Christopher West Thanks and Responds to his critics - by Historian - 10-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Re: UO - by Gerard - 10-29-2009, 10:51 AM