Here's what the liberals have to say about the anglican return (NCR)
http://ncronline.org/news/vatican/vatica...story-no-2

Fr Resse Jesuit liberal says . "Many liberal Catholics especially feminists fear that the influx of 400,000 + conservatives into the Church will further discourage reform." (No shit Sherlock)
Someone should warn these Anglicans that two out of three American Catholics support the ordination of women" (well then they can go be Anglicans)

Cardianla O'Connor Archbishop of Westminster was reluctant to open the doors to these trad Anglicans because of their "more Roman then the Romans" Churchmanship.(In other words O'Conner wanted to keep his Easter bunny, guitar, and Gay Masses. And not be hampered by folks who love beautiful liturgy)

"I also worry that these Anglicans coming in will be liturgical nostaligst anti feminists and anti gay bigots."( may we be so lucky)

Heres another  article called "Misogonyst Homophobic boy have we got the Church for you"

http://ncronline.org/blogs/young-voices/...church-you
Please don't insult the mentally handicapped by referring to these people as "retards."

"Retards" never offend God with their innocence and individual suffering.

I'm sure many of us have mentally handicapped family members and friends that don't like the disparagement of them because of their condition.
If the libs hate it this much it cant be all that bad.
Edited: to please the thought control PC police. Who belong at NCR.
Thanks Baskerville. This is such good news.
Will these converts be considered still "Anglo-Catholics" or Roman Catholics?

It seems to me that if one is to convert from Anglicanism to Roman Catholicism, he should loose all his bonds to his former religion (no matter how "close" it might have been to Catholicism).

Here is a quote from anglocatholic.org  "The POs [personal ordinariates] will respect the spiritual life and liturgy of Anglicanism"

If you're Catholic, you're Catholic. That's it. Right?  Is it really a full conversion if you do not adopt the spiritual life and liturgy of the Catholic Church and hold on to the same from Anglicanism?

From a religion that was established under revolt of Papal authority? 

Am I paranoid or mis-understanding the situation?
(10-24-2009, 11:30 PM)Baskerville Wrote: If the libs hate it this much it cant be all that bad.

This, my friend, is very, very bad reasoning.  They would also object to many of the conservative Evangelical Protestants coming into the church, and yet so would I, except on the individual basis of personal conversion.  There are reasons to be happy about this news, but the anguish of the leftists should be nothing more than perhaps an added bonus.

Also... 2/3 of American Catholics support the ordination of women?  Who took that survey, and how did they decide who to call?  I cannot for the life of me imagine that to be true.  If half of them did, I would be shocked, and I live in a very, very liberal diocese.  It is in fact so liberal that my friend and I used to spend a night a week during our rebellious teenage years going around to the "Roman Catholic" Cathedral and other "Roman Catholic" churches and tearing down the "Pray for the Ordination of Women" signs with their tacky hand-praying clip art.  Even having seen that, I think the 2/3 statistic is utter rubbish.  My guess is it's closer to 1/3, and they should all go join the Anglicans.
(10-24-2009, 11:22 PM)Baskerville Wrote: "I also worry that these Anglicans coming in will be liturgical nostaligst anti feminists and anti gay bigots."( may we be so lucky)

We can only hope that is true.
(10-24-2009, 11:46 PM)neanderthal catholic Wrote: Will these converts be considered still "Anglo-Catholics" or Roman Catholics?

It seems to me that if one is to convert from Anglicanism to Roman Catholicism, he should loose all his bonds to his former religion (no matter how "close" it might have been to Catholicism).

Here is a quote from anglocatholic.org  "The POs [personal ordinariates] will respect the spiritual life and liturgy of Anglicanism"

If you're Catholic, you're Catholic. That's it. Right?  Is it really a full conversion if you do not adopt the spiritual life and liturgy of the Catholic Church and hold on to the same from Anglicanism?

From a religion that was established under revolt of Papal authority? 

Am I paranoid or mis-understanding the situation?

Those Anglicans who enter into the Catholic Church will essentially become Catholics. (Contrary to media spin which presents things as though they'll become half-Catholic half-Anglican.) Obviously they'll have to make clear they hold the Catholic Faith in all its integrity.

I suppose the Pope's provisions can be seen as a fatherly gesture to make the conversion process as psychologically easy as possible (of course, in a way harmonious with the Faith, otherwise 'conversion' is an empty word). There's nothing in principle wrong with some diversity of expression, e.g.: see the eastern rites. But I do get your point; the eastern Catholics have had their traditions from apostolic times, and diversity can be traced back to then. But the Anglicans have had their differences result from schism/heresy, in some way or another. Still even some  changes associated with a heresy/schism need not all be considered inherently schismatic/heretical. And so liturgical and disciplinary differences which developed ''from'' the heresy can be tolerated, 'cause they're incidental to it, not bound up with the heresy necessarily...Hey, some of high anglican liturgy I suspect would be more Catholic than the Novus Ordo. (Once the sacramental form is rectified of the high Ang. liturgy, if it needs rectifying). 
(10-24-2009, 11:22 PM)Baskerville Wrote: http://ncronline.org/news/vatican/vatica...story-no-2

Fr Resse Jesuit liberal says . "Many liberal Catholics especially feminists fear that the influx of 400,000 + conservatives into the Church will further discourage reform." (No shit Sherlock)
Someone should warn these Anglicans that two out of three American Catholics support the ordination of women" (well then they can go be Anglicans)

Cardianla O'Connor Archbishop of Westminster was reluctant to open the doors to these trad Anglicans because of their "more Roman then the Romans" Churchmanship.(In other words O'Conner wanted to keep his Easter bunny, guitar, and Gay Masses. And not be hampered by folks who love beautiful liturgy)

"I also worry that these Anglicans coming in will be liturgical nostaligst anti feminists and anti gay bigots."( may we be so lucky)

Heres another  article called "Misogonyst Homophobic boy have we got the Church for you"

http://ncronline.org/blogs/young-voices/...church-you

Well there you go. We'll see if perhaps this Cardinal O'Conner and Fr. Resse will follow suit and convert as well.

In Corde Regis,
Joshua