Sodom and Gomorrah were a Married Couple
(10-25-2009, 04:46 PM)Clare Wrote: Didn't Gomorrah cut Sodom's hair off?

Weren't they named Bobitt?
You know if things keep going this way, somebody will think this is an Independent Freewill Southern Anabaptist Discussion Forum.  :laughing: ;) :P
This reminds me of when a Traditional Catholic friend of mine bragged that he knew the New Testament up and down but that he didn't know the Old Testament that well, saying, "I still don't know who Jericho is."

Two things:

1. He wasn't joking.

2. Several other Catholics nodded in agreement.

Upon hearing this my head hit the table with a loud thud and I let out a frustrated groan. I have been demanding they all read the Old Testament since.
(10-26-2009, 02:04 AM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: This reminds me of when a Traditional Catholic friend of mine bragged that he knew the New Testament up and down but that he didn't know the Old Testament that well, saying, "I still don't know who Jericho is."

One reason why I support the restoration of Old Testament lessons to the TLM. In a sensible way, of course.
Public education is execrable on any subject.  My two favorite examples:

61% of HS seniors could not correctly identify the century of the American Civil War (this was fairly recent, I'll try to find the link).

When I was in college, my Russia professor pointed our attention to a study showing that almost a third of college seniors could not locate the USSR on a world map.  For God's sake, it was 1/6th of the land surface of the earth! - a blind macaque could randomly point to a map and do almost as well!!!!

More on topic, I would hazard a guess that for a majority of American schoolchildren, the mere existence of the Bible is only a dim rumor.
They could be a couple in Massachusetts and Hawaii. They'd have to be domestic partners in most other places.
(10-25-2009, 09:19 PM)Heinrich Wrote:

No.  Buttafuoco.  What's wrong with you?  Learn the Bible, people!  :fish:
(10-27-2009, 04:44 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote:
(10-25-2009, 09:19 PM)Heinrich Wrote:

No.  Buttafuoco.  What's wrong with you?  Learn the Bible, people!   :fish:

Uh, is that the parable of the Long Island Lolita?