Calling All Recipes for Cookbook
So most of you that have been around when I post know that I'm a member of the Knights of Columbus in the Washington DC Area.  This coming year, we're hosting the Supreme Convention and we're putting out a cookbook for the Ladies of the Knights and all those who would come.  The cookbook will include recipes and histories of all of the local Catholic Churches in the area.

I wanted to extend an open invitation for all of you to send me any recipes that you might like included in this cookbook.  If you send me your name, I'll be sure to have a byline likewise attached.  Feel free to private message me if you want to keep the secret or post a reply to this message if you want to share with the good people of this forum.

While I'm sadly unable to promise a free book to all contributors, I'll post on this forum a way to purchase the cookbook.
OK so that nobody will have to be "first"... I'll kick us off here with one for all of you working mothers...  It's a favorite among us Poles who don't have time to do the real thing. ;D

Lazy Pierogi
1lb Spiral Macaroni
1 Onion, Chopped
1lb Fresh Mushrooms, Sliced
1lb Sour Kraut, lightly drained
1 stick margarine
Parmesan Cheese

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

1) Cook macaroni. 
2) Brown onions and mushrooms in butter.
3) Mix all ingredients adding Parmesan Cheese to taste (should be about 1 cup).
4) Bake in casserole dish at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 min.

For an interesting variation, add different types of cheese to the top.  Tip: Generally white cheeses will work better due to the sour kraut.

C'mon fishies... let's see what else y'all got... if someone else posts I might actually post my award winning recipes instead of making y'all buy the book...  ;D :P
does it have to be your own invention? I have a few wonderful ones that I have used for years but I did not invent them....
Nope (and we've got lawyers that agree with this opinion)... though if you modify them slightly it's better and we want you to have an original too.    :)
Wholly Roamin' Sandwich
2 slices white bread
1/3 C marinara sauce, chilled

Apply marinara evenly to one side of one slice of bread.  Top with remaining slice.

Eat while leaning over kitchen sink to avoid washing a dish.

Repeat as necessary.
(11-02-2009, 05:09 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Wholly Roamin' Sandwich
2 slices white bread

Apply marinara evenly to one side of one slice of bread.  Top with remaining slice.

Repeat as necessary.

Sweet.  Anything and everything folks, even the simple stuff.  As folks have discussed... Knights are generally family men with our loving and caring wives who for some reason put up with our involvement.  So any sort of quick recipe tricks are good too...

@WhollyRoaminCatholic... send me your name & email in PM and I'll be sure you get credit for it.

Caprese Salad

1 lb. penne rigate
Fresh basil, 6-8 big leaves torn up
15-20 red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
ball of mozzarella di buffalo (preferably in brine), ripped into pieces or chopped into cubes
Colavita extra virgin olive oil (first cold pressed)
salt, to taste

Optional:
Pane Pugliese

Boil penne rigate 2 minutes longer than box suggests. Drain, of course. Mix in big bowl with other ingredients. Add salt, to taste. Put in fridge to chill; overnight is best.

Optional:

Caprese salad is great as a topping on toasted pane pugliese, and you can save the save the juices from the salad and pour on the toasted bread after rubbing with a cut clove and adding some oil and salt.

The single most important ingredient is the mozzarella di buffalo. Don't skimp on this by buying polly-o instead!

buon appetito!
2 slices white bread

Repeat as necessary.

gross.

you're only supposed to eat condiment sandwiches in school.
Ignatius -

there's a pretty strong possibility that WRC was kidding -

but if you still want to use his recipe, don't put the two halves together, but put oregano, garlic, and grilled onions on top of the Ragu with a little olive oil -

top with smoked provolone, mozzarella or whatever you have at home.

Then toast it.

put it on a plate,

eat it at the table,  use a napkin, and share.
2 slices white bread

Repeat as necessary.

Dude!  You eat that?