Calling All Recipes for Cookbook
Baked tomato nests:

(for four people)

4 large tomatoes, ripe
4 large eggs
4 tbsp heavy cream
4 tbsp grated manchego and parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

Cut the tops off the tomatoes, and discard.  Using a spoon, scoop out the pulp and seed, being careful to not pierce the shell.  Invert the cored tomatoes on paper towels and allow to drain for about 15 min. and set oven to 350°F to preheat.

Once drained, season the tomatoes, then place them, cut-side up in an oven-safe dish that's just large enough to hold them.  Add one shelled egg into each tomato, then add 1 tbsp off cream, followed by 1 tbsp of grated cheese.  Bake in preheated oven for about 17-20 minutes, or the eggs are just done. 
Serve, and enjoy.

Edited to add:  this, and the preceding bread recipe, aren't mine.  They're just some Spanish foods that I've come across, then simple figured out how to make.  Well, maybe not the bread - that's more of a staple, in Catalunya.
Baked Salmon,  with asparagus, and 5-grain rice pilaf -

Salmon:
1salmon fillet, cut into 4-5 oz. pieces
kosher or sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Season salmon with salt and pepper, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or melted butter. Place salmon, skin side down, either on a non-stick baking sheet or on a well-oiled, foil-lined baking sheet (for easier cleanup). Bake until salmon is cooked through,  or about 13 to 15 minutes. Serve with a wedge of lemon.

Rice:
1-1/4 cup Lundberg Wild Blend rice mix
2-1/2 cups vegetable stock
kosher or sea salt
freshly-ground black pepper
dash smoked Spanish paprika
dash dried granulated garlic

I took the easy way out and used Lundberg brand wild blend.  I followed the package directions, ( 1 part rice: 2 parts liquid ) except that instead of using water, I used vegetable stock, and a bit of olive oil, instead of just butter. It takes about an hour to cook, so you have time to do other things, like prepare the fish and the asparagus.

Asparagus:

1 bunch fresh asparagus
water for blanching
Kosher or sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
a dash of sweet Spanish paprika
1/4 cup slivered almonds ( can substitute with pine nuts )
2-3 cloves crushed garlic
1-1/2 to 2 tbsp olive oil
2tbsp Sherry vinegar ( or balsamic, if you prefer )

put several quarts of water to boil, then add a couple of tbsp of salt to water. While water is coming to a boil, trim bottom of asparagus spears, then blanch for 2-5 minutes ( as needed - dictated by thickness of spears). The asparagus should still be quite firm, because it will continue to cook, later.  If not using right away, remove from hot water and put into a dish with ice water, to stop the cooking process and bring out the color.
Heat a saute pan ( non-stick is fine ), add olive oil, the slivered almonds toss fry for 1-2 minutes, until the almonds start changing color and then add crushed garlic and the drained asparagus.  Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add the paprika and season with salt and pepper, then add the sherry vinegar, and toss for about 1 minute more.  Serve either warm or at room temperature.

:eats:

Sorry it took so long to post the asparagus recipe, Underdog.
I will have to dig out my famous brownie recipe and the one for chocolate pie.  Texican can vouch for both of them. ;D

Ask him how his first chocolate pie turned out! :laughing:

BTW - see a theme here?!
I should pay more attention to the directions...
Here's my favorite cheap Friday recipe, which exists somewhere else on this site already. Yes, it is my own creation.

Tuna Cakes

Drain one can of tuna (in water, not oil -- oil is gross). Toss with about a tablespoon of pressed garlic or as much as you like, a tablespoon of prepared horseradish or as much as you like, about two chopped green onions, half a chopped sweet apple, one torn-up piece of bread (preferably whole-grain), one beaten egg, a tablespoon of olive oil, a hearty dash of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Form into patties; if they are too juicy, add another piece of bread. Fry in more olive oil till they are crisp and dark brown on both sides. Serve hot or cold; can also be eaten on a bun like a hamburger.
This is a basic building block, and most people like the flavor. They can bread any meat or fish that'll fry, or as a flavoring in Italian Meatloaf or Meatballs, they can be used to bread eggplant or zucchini or cauliflower, or to fill artichokes.

1 large can of breadcrumbs like Progresso or local brand or grate stale Italian bread to the same quantity.

1 shaker tube of Kraft Italian grated cheese like Parmasean or any you fancy. You can use real Italian grated cheese like Garna Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano, or Locatelli Romano, but they do not have stabilizers so the breadcrumbs must be used in like  a month, the Kraft has a shelf life like uranium has a half life in the ice box, which extends to the bread crunbs.

Parsley Flakes about a half cup or more or less  as you like.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Mix thoroughly by hand or spin 'em in the food processor.

Store in the ice box in a good container, they'll last for along time.

They can be used to bread any meat from thin sandwich steaks, pork tenderloin or veal cutlets or Walleye pike. I'm  sure you all know the drill; flour the meat or fish, dip in eggs, bread with crumbs, and fry in oil. I like to use corn or vegetable because it fries better, not olive oil it burns.

Where Italians take off is the different sauces which go with each.

The sandwich steaks fried then bathed in a hot/sweet tomato sauce, put on real french bread, and add hot giardinerie.

The pork tenderloin is fried and sauced with a light porcini mushroon sauce, or with a lemon sauce, boneless chicken or veal cutlets can be substituted.It also works for pork chops. (meat with handles)

The walleye is done the same and served over tagliatelle verde with balsamela.

The meatloaf and meatballs; just add the crumbs, chopped onions, eggs to bind and salt and pepper, cook as usual but the meatballs are best if fried in oil.

The best for last is a Sicilian favorite Bracciolli

Sand wich steaks sliced thin
Mix bread crumbs with tons of garlic, and grated hard boiled eggs (about 1/2 and 1/2) add oil to moisten until they can be formed and stay together. Fill sandwich steaks with filling, roll and tie together. Dredge in flour, fry in oil and reserve. Strain off most of the oil, add tons of shrooms, saute till done. Add flour and make a roux, add beef stock, salt and pepper to taste, cook until joined, then replace the meat, cover and cook for twenty minutes.You can use tomato sauce instead of beef stock. These go well with mashed potatoes, polenta, or the obligatory ziti if you use the tomato sauce.

tim
Tim, you got a good recipe for tomato sauce?
I tend to make it as I need it. It depends what I'm making. Tell what kind of dish and I'll tell you how I do it.If you are talking about making something and you need a cup or two of tomato sauce I use V-8. Sounds crazy,but it's already cooked and it cooks in very quickly say 5-10 minutes and it reduces in the same time. If you want pasta sauce we call it tucu. My family is from Genova and that's another country almost. Give me an idea what it's for and I'll give you what I do.I Learned to cook from my mother and my great grandmother and then I worked in one of my family's restaurant for a couple of years, so I have some limited skills. Do you want a tomato sauce as sort of universal you can use for multiple recipes ? I used to do that.
tim
I'd like a recipe for a sweet, kicky sauce that I can use in the pasta and sausage dishes that I often stir up. Also, I like to make pizza, so a good pizza sauce recipe would be appreciated.

Do you have a recipe that uses fresh tomatoes? I love to do that in the summer when they are plentiful and cheap.
(11-12-2010, 10:55 PM)Satori Wrote: Here's my favorite cheap Friday recipe, which exists somewhere else on this site already. Yes, it is my own creation.

Tuna Cakes

Drain one can of tuna (in water, not oil -- oil is gross). Toss with about a tablespoon of pressed garlic or as much as you like, a tablespoon of prepared horseradish or as much as you like, about two chopped green onions, half a chopped sweet apple, one torn-up piece of bread (preferably whole-grain), one beaten egg, a tablespoon of olive oil, a hearty dash of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Form into patties; if they are too juicy, add another piece of bread. Fry in more olive oil till they are crisp and dark brown on both sides. Serve hot or cold; can also be eaten on a bun like a hamburger.

I'm going to have to try that one.  Do you think it would work for salmon?