Calling All Recipes for Cookbook
We have a really good chocolate cake & sugar cookie recipe in the family... but these are still my favorite. :)

Ice Box Cookies

Mix:
2 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C White Sugar
1 C Shortening

Then Add:
2 Eggs

1 tsp Cream of Tarter
1 tsp Baking Soda dissolved in hot water
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Chopped walnuts to taste (start with 1/2 C and work your way up...)
1 tsp Vanilla
3 C flour (more if needed....)

Roll into even logs and wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate overnight. Slice (about 1/4 inch or less) and bake in preheated 350-375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. These cookies should be a little crispy on the outside and super chewy on the inside. Don't over bake. :)
How about pumpkin cheesecake?  I lost my regular recipe, so I had to improvise a new one:

Ingredients

Crust:

1 cup graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup chopped pecans or pine nuts (if desired)

3 tablespoons butter or margarine

Filling:

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

4  - 8 oz. packages cream cheese

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 cup pureed pumpkin

1-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices ( 1 part allspice, 1 part nutmeg, 2 parts ginger, and 4 parts cinnamon, ground)

3 eggs, beaten

1 cup sour cream or lightly-whipped buttermilk

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine graham cracker crumbs (and nuts, if using) and butter in a small bowl and mix well. Pour into a 9-inch spring-form cheesecake pan and press onto the bottom and a bit up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool and set aside.

Combine, sugar, softened cream cheese, flour, baking powder, and vanilla in bowl. Mix on medium speed until mixture is creamy (for about 2 minutes). Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices and mix one more minute. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix on low speed until well-blended, or about 3 minutes. Add sour cream or buttermilk and mix for about 30 to 45 seconds.

Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake for 1 hour, to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is almost set.

Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack for around 10 to15 minutes, then run knife around edge to completely loosen from pan, then allow to cool completely. Finally, cover and chill in refrigerator for several hours, then enjoy.