What is the mass of the ages?
(10-31-2009, 11:33 PM)FrancisB Wrote:
(10-30-2009, 11:22 PM)CatholicThurifer Wrote: But, then you must explain HK why it is that these most recent reforms are unacceptable. What makes them so much different than the others?
What?  He said that the changes during Trent were removing mediaeval features and trying to strip down and purify the mass to its traditional self.  The changes in the Missal of Paul VI are not removing mediaevalisms; they are just blatantly new changes that have nothing to do with the traditional Roman Rite.  The difference between removing tropes and offering optional prayers to replace the canon are not even close to the same.

Don't get so uptight, I only wanted further explanation which he provided.  :fish:
The Mass of the Ages is this and only this:

"Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. This is my body.  And taking the chalice, he gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this.  For this is my blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for many unto remission of sins."

We can argue over which rite in which this great Mystery is robed is superior or inferior but to say that the Mass of the Ages is anything but this line is to miss the forest for the trees.

Liturgies change, but this does not.