Larry David Urinates on Jesus Picture
(11-05-2009, 02:44 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Walty
The disgrace is some here who claim to be catholics actually find pissing on CHRIST funny!
I can't belive were having this conversation!
ITS NOT FUNNY!

I'm not saying I disagree, but two things are obvious to me...

1) What the individual who found it funny said is not what people on here are making it out to be.  He fully acknowledged that he did see why it would be and could taken as offensive.  In his opinion, however, he did not feel that it was done in a blasphemous way and thus there is no outrage for him to find it funny.  Now, I think it is important to note that it seems to me that none of the people leveling all of these accusations have seen the video themselves.
2) Even if it is objectively offensive and this individual fails to recognize it then say a prayer for him and move on.  It doesn't make him less Catholic.  Do you really think that he would intentionally find something blasphemous funny?  Do you think this is how Christ would intend us to deal with this issue?  Calling names is juvenile and uncharitable.  If you feel so passionately that it is blasphemous then you should seek to thoughtfully change his mind.  Calling him names is not only mean-spirited, but it's antithetical to what some of you are trying to achieve.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Larry David Urinates on Jesus Picture - by Walty - 11-05-2009, 03:05 PM