Larry David Urinates on Jesus Picture
(11-05-2009, 10:46 PM)alaric Wrote:
(11-05-2009, 03:05 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-05-2009, 02:44 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Walty
The disgrace is some here who claim to be catholics actually find pissing on CHRIST funny!
I can't belive were having this conversation!
ITS NOT FUNNY!

I'm not saying I disagree, but two things are obvious to me...

1) What the individual who found it funny said is not what people on here are making it out to be.  He fully acknowledged that he did see why it would be and could taken as offensive.  In his opinion, however, he did not feel that it was done in a blasphemous way and thus there is no outrage for him to find it funny.  Now, I think it is important to note that it seems to me that none of the people leveling all of these accusations have seen the video themselves.
2) Even if it is objectively offensive and this individual fails to recognize it then say a prayer for him and move on.  It doesn't make him less Catholic.  Do you really think that he would intentionally find something blasphemous funny?  Do you think this is how Christ would intend us to deal with this issue?  Calling names is juvenile and uncharitable.  If you feel so passionately that it is blasphemous then you should seek to thoughtfully change his mind.  Calling him names is not only mean-spirited, but it's antithetical to what some of you are trying to achieve.
Calling who names?

Unless you mean labels like Nazi and Racist.

Your such a liberal sometimes Walty, but there are some of us hanging around here who aren't going to take the blasphemy of our Lord so lightly and hide behind their religion or in the name of "comedy".

Calling names is one thing, naming Christ's enemies is another.

Why can't men just call things for what it is these days.

Don't you see that you are the one calling names too?  I mean, a liberal?  Seriously?  What have I ever said or done here that is liberal?

There has been a lack of prudence here.  People just start flying off the rail and calling people names without taking the time to discuss something with charity and patience.  If you disagree then fine, but don't start with this crap.
Maybe he is mad about John 8:44 and the entire 23rd chapter of Matthew's Gospel (especially Matthew 23:38), among many other passages from the Gospels.
What crap u talkikng about walty? The crap that some finf pissing on CHRIST funny!
Ur right it should stop and not even of started
Sip
(11-06-2009, 11:26 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: What crap u talkikng about walty? The crap that some finf pissing on CHRIST funny!
Sip

The crap I'm talking about is a bunch of crabby old curmudgeons who call people names and tell them they aren't Catholic simply because they don't agree 100% with them about a video they've never seen.

You guys need to get over yourselves.
(11-06-2009, 12:38 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-06-2009, 11:26 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: What crap u talkikng about walty? The crap that some finf pissing on CHRIST funny!
Sip

The crap I'm talking about is a bunch of crabby old curmudgeons who call people names and tell them they aren't Catholic simply because they don't agree 100% with them about a video they've never seen.

You guys need to get over yourselves.
Who's calling who names now?

Really Wally.............. "curmudgeons"?
Why? Because a few old school Catholics are "pissed" that some Hollywood jew makes light of the fact that accidentally urinating on the image of God himself is a big freakin joke?

Maybe this sh*t ain't funny to those who take their faith seriously.

Enough with the "name-calling" rhetoric.