A Problem of Traditionalism
there for your concern about disunity amongst the trads is without merit, as the hypothetical illustrates, it is the modernists and neo-cons who are in disunity, because they have made a breach between themselves and the communion of the saints.
(11-03-2009, 06:28 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: there for your concern about disunity amongst the trads is without merit, as the hypothetical illustrates, it is the modernists and neo-cons who are in disunity, because they have made a breach between themselves and the communion of the saints.

One need to only look at a few threads here to see the disunity among traditionalists. 
(11-03-2009, 06:30 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-03-2009, 06:28 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: there for your concern about disunity amongst the trads is without merit, as the hypothetical illustrates, it is the modernists and neo-cons who are in disunity, because they have made a breach between themselves and the communion of the saints.

One need to only look at a few threads here to see the disunity among traditionalists. 
disunity about things other then the faith walty.
My point is our Unity about the Mystical body is more pronounced then our individual ego trips about details . as opposed to the NOdoens whos disunity is masked in sacharren BS, and if Tradition (or should I say when) is restored as my hypothetical posited, Trads will already be in unity...right where theyve always been, waiting for the rainbow on mt ararat like Noah of old..... the liberals pretend unity will disintigrate, like the french revolution, so to speak
(11-03-2009, 06:35 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(11-03-2009, 06:30 PM)Walty Wrote:

disunity about things other then the faith walty.
My point is our Unity about the Mystical body is more pronounced then our individual ego trips about details . as opposed to the NOdoens whos disunity is masked in sacharren BS, and if Tradition (or should I say when) is restored as my hypothetical posited, Trads will already be in unity...right where theyve always been, waiting for the rainbow on mt ararat like Noah of old..... the liberals pretend unity will disintigrate, like the french revolution, so to speak

I don't know.  I think I disagree.  There is a unity with the Novus Ordo.  The question seems to be whether it is a good one not whether it exists.
Douay-Rheims Bible
For my people have done two evils. They have forsaken me, the fountain of living water, and have digged to themselves cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. Jerm 2:13
This is the Unity of the NO
(11-03-2009, 06:43 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Douay-Rheims Bible
For my people have done two evils. They have forsaken me, the fountain of living water, and have digged to themselves cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. Jerm 2:13
This is the Unity of the NO
How so? You are shooting arrows into the dark here. The church is not united around a particular rite of the mass. There are scores of acceptable rites and forms of the mass. The NO is simply the primary one for the western world.
The church is one on account of its shared faith. I have read the catechism and I agree with it. And I assist at a TLM which I am blessed to have access within driving distance. I pray for and obey the Pope and his appointed bishops as do all who are in one accord with holy mother church. It is a remarkable statement that those who are in union with the one holy apostolic catholic church of the creed could be described as having forsaken God.

There are horrible liturgical abuses in the NO. Virtually nobody in the church denies that. You could perhaps apply this passage to those liturgical abuses and the wickedness of certain priests and diocese but not to the entire NO en-masse as a principle.
The problem here petrelton is that a lot of people dance around sedevacantism here.  Some trads do that.  Some don't.  It causes tension and disunity here.
No its trolls likme pissetron who spew modernist trash and attack trads or traditional societies every chance he gets.
That's what causds disunity here not the personal belives of sedevacantism that one does not post because one follows the rules
People might not come out and say, "Pope Benedict is an anti-Pope!", but it's there all the same.
Quote:How so? You are shooting arrows into the dark here. The church is not united around a particular rite of the mass. There are scores of acceptable rites and forms of the mass. The NO is simply the primary one for the western world.
The church is one on account of its shared faith. I have read the catechism and I agree with it. And I assist at a TLM which I am blessed to have access within driving distance. I pray for and obey the Pope and his appointed bishops as do all who are in one accord with holy mother church. It is a remarkable statement that those who are in union with the one holy apostolic catholic church of the creed could be described as having forsaken God.

There are horrible liturgical abuses in the NO. Virtually nobody in the church denies that. You could perhaps apply this passage to those liturgical abuses and the wickedness of certain priests and diocese but not to the entire NO en-masse as a principle.

The Church is united around Christ. The NO is united around the people, fashions, politics, americanism, feminism, materialism ism ism ism. And the NO displaced any concept of the real presence, replacing it with a meal, treating the host like a cookie, the mass like a supper at uncle Jesus' house. No Trads of ANY stripe show a lack of respect for the Host like the NO does none NADA zip...etc...show me horrible liturgical abuses in the TRAD camp!...show me//....ill wait.............................hmmmmmm....................................., and in that Central issue the Body Blood Soul and Divinity of Christ the TRADS are United-----
the Liberal Modern facade is a wolf in Catholic clothing, the NO is its prime sacrament, Vat2 its ONLY council, feminism its core politics...so I am afraid I am NOT shooting arrows in the dark but I am hitting bullseys in the full light common sense.