Gay priest to open new church
(11-02-2009, 08:20 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: And why can't the BBC exercise the smallest bit of journalistic due diligence, and find out just how "not in communion with the Vatican" and "in line with the Catholic faith" DON'T go together???

Another liberal news organization in bleeding-hearted sympathy to liberal causes, unwilling to show the least bit of integrity in being a cheerleader for the leftists.

Not many news organizations know the intricacies of the various schismatic groups (or care to find out).  They say "Catholic" and you automatically assume its more or less connected to Rome.
Well if he manages to open St Tinkerbells we should all say prayers for this agent of satan as he leads souls astray.
(11-02-2009, 08:28 PM)MeaMaximaCulpa Wrote:
(11-02-2009, 08:20 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: And why can't the BBC exercise the smallest bit of journalistic due diligence, and find out just how "not in communion with the Vatican" and "in line with the Catholic faith" DON'T go together???

Another liberal news organization in bleeding-hearted sympathy to liberal causes, unwilling to show the least bit of integrity in being a cheerleader for the leftists.

Not many news organizations know the intricacies of the various schismatic groups (or care to find out).  They say "Catholic" and you automatically assume its more or less connected to Rome.

Sure, to some extent.  But it's pretty damn hard to believe that a news organization of the supposed caliber of the BBC can't be bothered to verify even with the local bishop that this priest's so-called mission is in contravention of Catholic teaching.  The deal here is they just don't WANT to check, and they want to give this guy's story as much play as they can because they agree with his agenda.
it is possible that he has a positive agenda about ministering to homosexuals.  priests are expected to practice chastity.  if this one is chaste, and not promoting the 'gay lifestyle,' it doesn't really matter that he's sexually attracted to men rather than women, does it?  all priests are men so they all feel sexual attraction and have to fight those urges.

it may be that this priest intends to preach chastity for all unmarried people, and no same sex marriage.  we don't know from the article. 

we do know he's a sede but some sedes believe everything the Church taught before Vatican II and are not in communion with the pope because they question the post-conciliar popes' orthodoxy, as do a lot of Catholics who aren't sedes.

i hope we'll find out more about what goes on in the church, if he gets it established. 'it could be heaven, it could be hell.'
Rather have him start a new church than stay in our old one.

Don't let the door hit ....
Someone needs to tell him that the MCC church has been around for a while now....lol
I do think it is a good idea to try and welcome back people into the Church that have left due to confusion about how they are to follow the moral law, but I don't like the approach that gays are somehow different than regular church members... sexual sins are sexual sins... and treating them differently just feeds the idea that somehow the gay condition is genetically based and out of one's control.

Though one has to admit that it isn't easy for people with same-sex attraction to find a place in parish life without people wondering "why isn't he married?" etc.
Can I ordain myself a priest and start my own traditional order?

(11-02-2009, 12:40 PM)Petertherock Wrote: This "priest" is not Catholic. He is an agent of Satan.

If he was ordained a Catholic priest then he will always be a priest.
[quote='MeaMaximaCulpa' pid='466282' dateline='1257206952']

I don't think this guy has any real ties to the Catholic Church (except maybe he left it at some point).  Just guessing, by I think he's probably from one of the numerous "Old Catholic" groups.  They're Catholic in name only (literally).
[/quote

]Yeah, he seems to be connected to the 'Old Roman Catholic Church' founded by an episcopus vagans, Matthew Harris, who received valid episcopal orders from the Old Catholics of Utrecht back in the early 20th century. Nothing to connect him to us at all, but the Beeb is well known for its anti-Catholicism, so they paint him in a good light to make us look bad.