European court: No crucifixes in Italian schools
As far as I know in the US no crucifix can be displayed in public areas instead of schools. Furthermore not even a Bethlehem at Christmas time. Menora yes, Christian symbols no.

The case for Europe was last two years ago, when the proposal to declare that Europe has Christian roots, was voted down.

The undemocratic tactics over the voting is, that the desired issue is put to vote again and again, until those who has the power get what they want.  This happened recently in Ireland.  These are Apocalyptic times, the evil usurps the power.
Texican Wrote:Interesting that it seems like most people opposing this, are doing so because of "tradition," and not because of Catholicism.

Yes.  Defending Catholicism purely on the grounds of cultural tradition is a double-edged sword -- a pagan could attack Catholicism for the same reason.  Perhaps that'll be the European Union's next step -- arraigning the Church for ethnically cleansing the traditional religions of the indigenous peoples of Europe!

What's weird though is that, according to the European Court of Human Rights' press release, the Italian legal authorities originally threw out the woman's complaint on the grounds that:

Quote: the crucifix was both the symbol of Italian history and culture, and consequently of Italian identity, and the symbol of the principles of equality, liberty and tolerance, as well as of the State’s secularism. ... [T]he cross had become one of the secular values of the Italian Constitution and represented the values of civil life.

So they weren't even trying to defend the Crucifix on the grounds that it represented Italy's traditional Christian culture, but that it was (somehow) a symbol of the Italian state's more recent tradition of secularism and pluralism.  ???  You can't blame the EU for being unimpressed with that defence!

In any case, I hope the Italians give the knuckleheads of the court a good thrashing.
Well... with EWTN "Catholic" Theologians arguing against Catholic Doctrine...

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqZ2ybiDlaw
[/video]

... nothing surprises me anymore.

The state should not be making theological decisions by putting up crucifixes in public schools. The state is incompetent in making those judgments, because a state that could put up crucifixes in public schools, is a state that could put up statues of Mohamed, Oprah Winfrey, or Charles III in those same public schools. The guys who can't fix the potholes (people in charge of the state), should not be meddling in religion. This is important to recognize because it puts the state in it proper place. The state is important in certain functions, but it does not have the capacity to make the judgment that Christ died on the Cross for our sins.

Right comrades?  :pazzo:
Thats what happens when you give up your national sovereignty dumb eurotrash.
Wow, that clip from EWTN just made me sick.
(11-03-2009, 10:20 PM)CatholicThurifer Wrote: Wow, that clip from EWTN just made me sick.

Me too. Rmember these are our enemies not the out right libs but these Novus Ordanians masquerading as Catholics.
(11-03-2009, 10:20 PM)CatholicThurifer Wrote: Wow, that clip from EWTN just made me sick.

It's gets worse...

Can't open none of the links pls tell me in. A nutshell
Sip
(11-05-2009, 12:19 PM)RRR Wrote:

It's gets worse...

That really makes one sad...and angry but mostly sad...