Don't doubt the power of the Rosary!!
(11-04-2009, 03:12 AM)Petertherock Wrote: I live in Maine where we had the homosexual marriage law battle. As I was at work following the results thanks to my mom sending me updates on my cell phone, it looked really bad for a while. The pro gay marriage side was winning by almost 4 percentage points. I was almost in despair about this. So, I was doing my building tours at work and I pulled out my Rosary beads and offered up 15 decades of the Rosary for the intention that homosexual marriage gets defeated and I recommended this intention to Our Lady. I left work and didn't listen to any news on my way to the Church that I make my visit at after work. I made my visit and said another 5 decades of the Rosary for the same intention.

I got home after my visit and my mom told me that homosexual marriage has been DEFEATED!!! I have no doubt that it was because of Our Lady and the Rosary that this happened tonight!! Deo Gratias!! I believe tonight's results was another example of the Rosary winning a battle for Our Lord!! What a powerful weapon Our Lady and Her Rosary are!!!

Praise be to God! I'm so happy for you. Wonderful things happen in our Lady's hands. Never doubt in her or the rosary.
(11-04-2009, 05:01 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: As a little prot (Methodist) boy, I read Howard Pyle's 'The Adventures of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men'. I was fascinated by Friar Tuck and his Rosary. I somehow found out how to make a Rosary (how many beads, etc.) found the prayers (in Latin!), learned them and made myself a Rosary out of baling twine and elm twigs with the pulp poked out. I started praying the Our Mother's Rosary and 20+ years later, She slapped me upside my head and said, 'OK, boy it's time to go home, eh?'!

What a great story! 
I always like to hear stories such as these. It proves that there are good people still out there and that not all Americans are anti-Catholic. It also shows that me that people can and do use the internet for good. Keep up the good work guys/gals :)
Purely on a natural level, I find the practice of saying the Rosary calms me down and puts me in an optimal frame of mind for dealing with life on life's terms, so to speak. However, as an equestrian who's made it through half a dozen potentially quite nasty accidents with no lasting injuries, I'm tempted to credit my habit of saying the Rosary whenever I drive out to the barn with bringing me an intercession or two.
I only know that my grandmother had an alcoholic husband and three alcoholic sons... and she prayed the rosary for them every day without fail and all four went dry for the long haul.. beginning with the youngest boy and ending with the old man. No request is too large or too small for Our Lady. She'll ask her Son to turn water into wine or wine back into water, depending on the circumstances (wink).

- Lisa
Thank you for posting this. It is so nice to hear something uplifting! What a wonderful gift our Lady has given us.
Oh, the Rosary is awesome, no doubt about it.... I couldn't begin to count the times it's helped me and my friends. Our Lady is truly our Mother.