Attending Protestant Weddings
(06-12-2011, 08:44 PM)Jenn Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 08:34 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: A Catholic must never attend a protestant wedding and/or reception.
One reason is by attending we are in acceptance of that marriage/false religion. Not vocalized but implicit acceptance.
Reason two is offense to our Blessed Lady, Mother of God by attending. (Read a little bit about what the protestants think about The Blessed Virgin Mary.
Reason three: SCANDAL. If another Catholic sees you walk into a protestant church, protestant reunion (wedding service), it will create a scandal.(big or small), nonetheless, a scandal.
Remember the best way to teach is by example. By attending a false religion wedding, we are not setting the correct example for anyone. Especially our family.

You just contradicted the 1917 Code of Canon Law, which is as follows (copied from a post above):

Quote:"Passive or merely material presence can be tolerated for the sake of honor or civil office, for grave reason approved by the bishop in case of doubt, at the funerals, weddings, and similar solemnities of non-Catholics, provided danger of perversion and scandal is absent" (1917 Code of Canon Law, canon 1258; see also Fr. Heribert Jone, O.F.M. Cap., J.C.D., Moral Theology, sec. 126, p. 70: "Passive attendance at non-Catholic services is permissible for a good reason... Under these restrictions it is permissible to attend... a marriage... conducted in a non-Catholic church").
So it has to be in a remote island where no catholic is present.
QED " Where scandal is absent."
(06-12-2011, 09:08 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: So it has to be in a remote island where no catholic is present.

What, exactly, does that mean? Are you saying that there is always scandal present if a Catholic attends a non-Catholic wedding, and that Holy Mother Church may as well have not bothered to include this in canon law?
(06-12-2011, 09:26 PM)Jenn Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 09:08 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: So it has to be in a remote island where no catholic is present.

What, exactly, does that mean? Are you saying that there is always scandal present if a Catholic attends a non-Catholic wedding, and that Holy Mother Church may as well have not bothered to include this in canon law?
No. There is scandal when another fellow Catholic sees you walk into a protestant church. (a passerby Catholic who is unaware of the "circumstances")
SCANDAL, GOSSIP...blah blah blah.

(06-12-2011, 09:27 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: No. There is scandal when another fellow Catholic sees you walk into a protestant church. (a passerby Catholic who is unaware of the "circumstances")
SCANDAL, GOSSIP

And would you like to explain to me how passerby Catholics will know the religions of the people seen entering the protestant church?

Quote:...blah blah blah.

Indeed.
(06-12-2011, 09:32 PM)Jenn Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 09:27 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: No. There is scandal when another fellow Catholic sees you walk into a protestant church. (a passerby Catholic who is unaware of the "circumstances")
SCANDAL, GOSSIP

And would you like to explain to me how passerby Catholics will know the religions of the people seen entering the protestant church?

Quote:...blah blah blah.

Indeed.
A FELLOW CHURCHGOING (your parish, your daughters friend,your sisters best friend, a person who sees you at Church regularly)
GET IT? GOT IT? GOOD
(06-12-2011, 09:37 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: A FELLOW CHURCHGOING (your parish, your daughters friend,your sisters best friend, a person who sees you at Church regularly)
GET IT? GOT IT? GOOD

You channeling or something? Don't be so silly.

If I happened to notice a passing Catholic who was aware that I was a Catholic and who was standing there bug-eyed at my entering the doorway of a protestant church, I would hasten to hand him/her the wedding program. As luck would have it, all of my extended prot family lives 2.5 hours away, so I don't have to worry about it. ;)

Does that work for you, or do you need to QUOTE MORE MOVIE LINES IN CAPS TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS?