Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption
(11-17-2009, 09:49 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-17-2009, 08:40 PM)Matusleo Wrote: I'm reminded of Poul Anderson's story "High Crusade".  English Knights and Priests from the 12th century steal a spaceship that came to destroy their village, and end up conquering and converting all the Galaxy to Catholicism.  Great read. :-)

I have a Sci Fi story I want to write, and I do want to explore the issue of whether the alien races need redemption, and also, how the aliens in their own faith view the Catholics of Earth.  I haven't figured out all the details yet, but definitely no stain of liberalism there.  That's my intent at least!

Dominus tecum

What sort of lifeforms will these be? Will it be Star Trek like space opera? Will it be Lovecraftian entities?

I was thinking more Space Opera style aliens as it gives us points of connection that we can establish and understand.  That said, I'll do more than just change their noses and hairstyles. ;-)

Dominus tecum

Messages In This Thread
Re: Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption - by Matusleo - 11-18-2009, 07:18 PM