Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption
I think the headline, and the thread title, throw this off a little bit.  Within the article, note that the astronomer says they may not need redemption because they remained in full union with the Father.  That's a little different than saying that aliens are just outside of God's plan.

Now, as to the admissibility of life on other planets, I think the Drake equation is a pretty persuasive argument: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation .

Any form of extraterrestrial life would not be "demons" or "Satanic".  God created the natural order.  All things that He created are good.  That doesn't mean that every person in the world is good, and, it does not mean that everything that we create here in the physical world are good.  What it does mean is that we must recall that 1) the demonic is part of the supernatural order, and, 2) it came into being through Lucifer's disobedience, and not through God's direct creation.  So, God didn't create a race of demons as part of the natural world.

And, I think "all" here means "all".  Whenever we find out whether they exist or not, we are still bound to bring the Gospel to them.

Matthew 28:19-20.  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption - by DesperatelySeeking - 12-13-2009, 12:37 PM