Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption
My personal understanding is that the fall of man led to the entire creation falling into decay (see scripture quotes below video). So it would really suck for intelligent aliens who were living in paradise to lose their paradise because of events on earth. Ergo, I don't think there are any aliens.

The position of the church is that only God can generate life, so if we're created in his image, why would he have gone to the trouble of creating intelligent extraterrestrials?

and if there's life on other planets
then i'm sure that He must know
and He's been there once already
and has died to save their souls

-- Larry Norman

For creation awaits with eager expectation the revelation of the children of God; for creation was made subject to futility, not of its own accord but because of the one who subjected it, in hope that creation itself would be set free from slavery to corruption and share in the glorious freedom of the children of God. We know that all creation is groaning in labor pains even until now; and not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, we also groan within ourselves as we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies. Romans 8:19-23 New American Bible

For the expectation of the creature waiteth for the revelation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him that made it subject, in hope: Because the creature also itself shall be delivered from the servitude of corruption, into the liberty of the glory of the children of God. For we know that every creature groaneth and travaileth in pain, even till now. And not only it, but ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption of the sons of God, the redemption of our body. Romans 8:19-23 Douay-Rheims

Messages In This Thread
Re: Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption - by Bakuryokuso - 03-01-2011, 02:09 PM