Chorizo and Eggs
Hi-
I made Chorizo and Eggs for the first time the other day. Of course, I topped it with Habanero sauce and pickled Jalapenos. (I love spicy foods :-[)
I got some serious stomach cramps and you know what after I ate it.
I usually have an iron constitution, I can tolerate nearly any greasy/spicy/strong foods.
What is in Chorizo that could have caused this?
I'm not looking for a diagnosis or anything. I'm just askin'  :P

Grunt.
(11-13-2009, 06:56 PM)neanderthal catholic Wrote: I usually have an iron constitution, I can tolerate nearly any greasy/spicy/strong foods.

There is no such thing as an iron constitution. You are able to eat things with which you are familiar. Any unfamiliar food can cause weird reactions for most people.

There could have been chemical or biological reactions, but assuming everything was prepared properly, the chorizo probably just was unfamiliar.

It is also an unnatural food. Cooked eggs and meat prepared like that is not exactly what God had in mind when designing our digestive system.

Depends on if it was Mexican Chorizo, or Spanish.

The Spanish stuff shouldn't do anything to you - but I don't know if the Mexican stuff needs to be cooked, so maybe it was under cooked?

I don't know.

But my personal opinion?

... it was the krabby patties.

:tiphat:
(11-13-2009, 07:04 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-13-2009, 06:56 PM)neanderthal catholic Wrote: I usually have an iron constitution, I can tolerate nearly any greasy/spicy/strong foods.

There is no such thing as an iron constitution. You are able to eat things with which you are familiar. Any unfamiliar food can cause weird reactions for most people.

There could have been chemical or biological reactions, but assuming everything was prepared properly, the chorizo probably just was unfamiliar.

It is also an unnatural food. Cooked eggs and meat prepared like that is not exactly what God had in mind when designing our digestive system.

OK- thanks. Maybe that was it. Actually, Chorizo and eggs is a popular Mexican dish. What could be wrong with eating unborn birds and dead cow? (fully cooked, of course)  :)
(11-13-2009, 07:19 PM)libby Wrote: Depends on if it was Mexican Chorizo, or Spanish.

The Spanish stuff shouldn't do anything to you - but I don't know if the Mexican stuff needs to be cooked, so maybe it was under cooked?

I don't know.

But my personal opinion?

... it was the krabby patties.

:tiphat:

Oh, the crabby patties were excellent. I highly recommend them.  They were eaten up days ago.
I don't know if it was Mexican or Spanish, but I cooked it fully before I mixed it with the eggs.
mmmmm...... I don't know.

(11-13-2009, 07:30 PM)neanderthal catholic Wrote: OK- thanks. Maybe that was it. Actually, Chorizo and eggs is a popular Mexican dish. What could be wrong with eating unborn birds and dead cow? (fully cooked, of course)  :)

The eggs are probably not fertilised. Basically, you are eating the period of a chicken.

I used to eat chorizo all the time and never got ill.  It does need to be cooked fully.  There are some pretty gnarly ingredients (cheeks, lymph nodes...) but nothing that would normally make you sick.  I think you probably just overdid it on the spice and grease.
(11-13-2009, 06:56 PM)neanderthal catholic Wrote: Hi-
I made Chorizo and Eggs for the first time the other day. Of course, I topped it with Habanero sauce and pickled Jalapenos. (I love spicy foods :-[)

Grunt.
Sounds excellent
(11-13-2009, 08:04 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-13-2009, 07:30 PM)neanderthal catholic Wrote: OK- thanks. Maybe that was it. Actually, Chorizo and eggs is a popular Mexican dish. What could be wrong with eating unborn birds and dead cow? (fully cooked, of course)  :)

The eggs are probably not fertilised. Basically, you are eating the period of a chicken.

Oh, that makes me feel better. :o
(11-14-2009, 04:42 PM)Paloma Wrote: I used to eat chorizo all the time and never got ill.  It does need to be cooked fully.  There are some pretty gnarly ingredients (cheeks, lymph nodes...) but nothing that would normally make you sick.  I think you probably just overdid it on the spice and grease.

Cheeks, lymph nodes.... ? !  'Sounds like we are talking about hot dogs !

I think I have figured out the problem, though. On that same day I started eating "Fiber One" fiber bars again. (I'm supposed to eat extra fiber because I have low good cholesterol)
A little extra fiber will do it to you every time.  ;)