Rosicruciansim
A friend of mine recently invited me to a lecture given by a local group of "Rosicrucians". She has been reading some of their literature, and seems interested in it..... what is the Church opinion of Rosicrucianism, and what do they believe/what sort of refutations would be applicable to beliefs that contradict Church teaching?
Totally, totally, satanic. Run away as fast as you can and urge your friend not to go; in fact, strongly insist she not go. Remember, the devil only needs a small opening, and going there would give it one. Ask a good priest if you are not sure. Years ago, a friend joined them. He several times tried to get me to join. I said no, its satanic. He said no its not. Next thing I know he was having "talks" on a ouija board with an "ancient sea captian". Over and over again. Today he is a mess. RUN!
It is one of those "ancient" societies which has a "modern" following. There is no connection between anything today and the original, and the original were not so great either, just a mix of Eastern religions and a belief in "hidden" teachings.

There are many societies which use the name, some are "Christian", some are Masonic, some are other. The "Christian" ones use passages like these:

Luke 8:10 Wrote:To whom he said: To you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to the rest in parables, that seeing they may not see, and hearing may not understand.

However, they don't realise the context of that and ignore this:

Luke 12:2-3 Wrote:For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed: nor hidden, that shall not be known. For whatsoever things you have spoken in darkness, shall be published in the light: and that which you have spoken in the ear in the chambers, shall be preached on the housetops.

They are sort of like the Kabbalah. A bunch of people pretending to be enlightened and forgetting the most basic revealed truths.
(11-15-2009, 01:27 PM)Melita Wrote: A friend of mine recently invited me to a lecture given by a local group of "Rosicrucians". She has been reading some of their literature, and seems interested in it..... what is the Church opinion of Rosicrucianism, and what do they believe/what sort of refutations would be applicable to beliefs that contradict Church teaching?

It's a pseudo-occult (or outright occult depending on the group) secret society; definitely firmly condemned, can result in latae sententiae excommunication.

Rosicrucianism was all a big joke anyway.  It started as a Renaissance fad during the heyday of Hermeticism and all that, though almost certainly was not a real society.  Then, later on, in the 19th century various freemasons who were into the occult "reinvented" it.  There was the Order of the Golden Dawn (Crowley came out of it, very much into magic and summoning demons and all that), then there are groups like the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglica which is basically a New Age social club.  But none of them are any good.  Don't even bother listening to their spiel.
Its a baby of Freemasonry. There is a branch of Freemasonry even named after them. Stay far away. Aleister Crowely was involved with them he was big into "sex magic" and summoning demons. Not cool. ::)
(11-15-2009, 06:19 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Its a baby of Freemasonry. There is a branch of Freemasonry even named after them. Stay far away. Aleister Crowely was involved with them he was big into "sex magic" and summoning demons. Not cool. ::)

Crowley actually called it "sex magik" thats how it was spelled.

Rosicrucianism = Satanism.
Some years ago I came across this puff piece for AMORC, one of the major Rosicrucian sects.  Does anyone know if the claims about the papal birthday card are true?
(11-17-2009, 05:20 AM)Cambrensis Wrote: Some years ago I came across this puff piece for AMORC, one of the major Rosicrucian sects.  Does anyone know if the claims about the papal birthday card are true?

I very much doubt it.

Say what you will about JPII I don't think he was a sympathizer of the Rosicrucians.

They also claim on that page that their order is more than 3000 years old (ridiculous), I wouldn't trust a word they say :)

"a liar from the beginning . . ."