Poll: What best describes your eating schedule?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Communion
I wish this is how communion was distributed in the TLM.
(11-16-2009, 10:49 PM)serviam Wrote: I wish this is how communion was distributed in the TLM.

Well, it was at some point in history by various churches.
I think that in the Roman Rite holy Communion should be distributed under a single species and that in the Eastern rites holy Communion should be distributed under both species.
(11-19-2009, 12:42 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: I think that in the Roman Rite holy Communion should be distributed under a single species and that in the Eastern rites holy Communion should be distributed under both species.
why one and not the other?
I voted two. Either the Ukranian way or with that beautiful chalice James posted.
I am just wondering, do the two pieces come apart? I suppose if it's Anglican use there might be a different ritual, but normally the priest has two separate pieces to work with at different points in the Mass when offering the bread and then the wine...
(11-19-2009, 12:52 AM)serviam Wrote:
(11-19-2009, 12:42 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: I think that in the Roman Rite holy Communion should be distributed under a single species and that in the Eastern rites holy Communion should be distributed under both species.
why one and not the other?

I think that the Roman Rite should retain its ancient and venerable liturgical tradition of distributing holy Communion under a single species.
FWIW I voted one species just 'cause that's the way we do it this side of the Adriatic :) (yeah yeah Poland, lol, you get what I mean, couldn't think of a better geographical landmark that separates the Eastern and Western Churches.
(11-19-2009, 07:05 PM)elizabee Wrote: I suppose if it's Anglican use there might be a different ritual, but normally the priest has two separate pieces to work with at different points in the Mass when offering the bread and then the wine...

Here, the celebrant still uses a paten and chalice to offer the bread and wine, and for his own Communion and the Communion of the deacons. Three intinction ciboria are consecrated at the altar and used for the people's Communion. Nothing really unusual.