In need of a dessert recipe...

by tomorrow!  I've been tasked with  making a dessert for our office luncheon, on 19 November.

HELP!
(11-18-2009, 01:30 AM)Texican Wrote: by tomorrow!  I've been tasked with  making a dessert for our office luncheon, on 19 November.

HELP!

Get the foil kind of cupcake wrappers, then make little individual serving cherry crisp "cupcakes".  But you gotta use the foil kind because they will stand up to the cherry pie filling and will hold together outside of the cupcake pan.
(11-18-2009, 01:47 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(11-18-2009, 01:30 AM)Texican Wrote: by tomorrow!  I've been tasked with  making a dessert for our office luncheon, on 19 November.

HELP!

Get the foil kind of cupcake wrappers, then make little individual serving cherry crisp "cupcakes".  But you gotta use the foil kind because they will stand up to the cherry pie filling and will hold together outside of the cupcake pan.

!!!!!!!

Please don't tell me that I'm the only one that's cracking up at these two MEN swapping recipes in the middle of the night.

:rofl:

no offense, guys - carry on.

:popcorn:

edit: now I feel bad...it's just that it's, you know, cute.

:laughing:

Hmm, that's a thought...  thanks!

I was looking over Satori's "Sweets" thread, and remembered JaganshiKenshin's Twinkie-misu.  That sounds like it would be interesting, also.
Libby...    >:(
(11-18-2009, 02:01 AM)Texican Wrote: Libby...    >:(

...what?

you read it...

here's this poor man hysterically pleading for help in big red letters over the internet, calling out into the cold darkness -

and then... suddenly!

he hears the galloping sound of Wholly Roamin' Catholic on a big white stallion... he comes to the other guy's aid, a cherry crisp mini muffin in one hand.

:shrug:

it's not y'all, it's me...

:rofl:

I knew I should'a gone with the blue...
I love this place.  :laughing:

HELP!

How many people are you feeding and what sort of containers/conveyances do you already own?  Will the eaters be sitting or standing?

Most people like to eat neat little things at work, nothing saucy or sloppy.  WRC's sounds good if you can get them to hold together.  Me, I'd do a complicated brownie or flashy cheesecake and serve it cocktail party style in individual flattened muffin cups because the people I work with don't have opposable thumbs and can't use a knife and fork (yours are probably more high functioning).  Here, if you give them anything which requires manipulation of cutlery they just put their faces down close to the plate and eat it like stray dogs.  Let us know what you do!  I have to feed 25 kids something "multicultural" next week, so if you have any suggestions I'd be pleased to hear them.
There will be about 30 people attending, and most of them are capable of using eating utensils - there's 3 or 4 that I'm not so sure about.  :sneaky:
We should be seated, as far as I know.  I like WRC's suggestion, except that it would probably take me all night to make, since I only don't own many muffin pans.  Other than that, I have several baking sheets, cake pans, springform pans...
and there are two grocery stores about a mile away from my house, so I'm not limited to what's in my pantry ( Libby   >:(  )

Of course, here's the rub:  I have two meetings to attend this evening, so I will probably be getting home late.  That doesn't matter too much, since I'm usually up until late, anyway.

Maybe I'll make some brownies.  ( possibly from a box - don't tell Satori...)