In need of a dessert recipe...
Chocolate is always good!  I told God that if chocolate isn't in heaven, I don't want to be there! :laughing: :laughing:
Some of today's desserts:

[Image: 1258656242.jpg]
Hey Texican!  Did you ever make my brownie recipe?
Not yet, I'm sorry to say.  I'm planning on making them as a dessert for Thursday's supper, though.  I'm thinking of making several small pans - one with only chocolate chunks; one with walnuts; one with pecans; and finally, one with almonds.  That's quite a bit of brownies, but I'm sure the boys won't mind.  ;D
(11-19-2009, 01:41 PM)SearchingCatholic Wrote:  When you try it, let me know what you think,

Excellent!  Perfect with some dark chocolate chunks.  Thank you for the recipe - sorry it took so long, though.
Thanks for letting me know.  Glad you liked it!  WIll you ever use a mix again with a recipe that easy? :laughing:
(11-18-2009, 11:00 AM)SearchingCatholic Wrote: Sorry about the abbreviated recipe!  My computer went nuts.  I'll start again.

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (NO MARGARINE!)
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Melt butter in a saucepan on top of the stove.  Remove from heat.  Add sugar and cocoa.  Stir well.  Add eggs one at a time, stirring well.  Add every thing but the flour.  Stir.  Add flour last, stirring just until all flour disappears.  Add nuts if you want.  Pour into 8 inch square pan.  Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

My notes:  and 8 in square pan is NEVER enough.  I double the recipe and use a 9 x 13.  Don't overbake.  I have never had these fail me yet and every one thinks I am a great cook!  No one knows I got the recipe off the back of a cocoa can years ago!  The only change I made was to add the almond.  I also like these b/c there is only one pan to clean up!  We all fight over who gets to clean it - b/c all the kids want to lick the pan!

This takes all of 5 minutes to assemble.

Good Luck!

I've used that recipe, too -it is excellent.  If I have some, I add a tablespoon of flavored syrup (like what is used to flavor coffee).  Carmel or Amarato are especially good.