Blessed JP2?
Pope John Paul II was a holy, gentle, kind man; some of his actions, even a great number of them, may have been misguided but he never meant any harm and he really did a lot to move us back toward orthodoxy, a work which, praise be to God, his successor has been pursuing with great zeal.

Wouldn't bother me any if he gets canonized :)
(11-20-2009, 09:10 PM)John92 Wrote: Pope John Paul II was a holy, gentle, kind man; some of his actions, even a great number of them, may have been misguided but he never meant any harm

"Not meaning any harm" is not what we want leaders to be. We want to them not to do any harm.
(11-20-2009, 12:39 PM)maso Wrote:
(11-20-2009, 11:42 AM)Walty Wrote:
(11-20-2009, 10:14 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: JPII is the saint the Novus Ordo religion so desperately needs. Unfortunately, it will be done.

Who are you people?  Do you not have any faith in the Church?  Do you honestly think that you know better than the Holy Ghost?

The Magisterium cannot proclaim JPII a saint if he isn't one, so if they do, what in the world do you have to complain about?  Even if there were problems with his pontificate, if he's good enough for the mercy of the Lord then he should be good enough for yours.

The Church can't screw this stuff up.  Whatever She states here is really how it is.

The Devil's Advocate was the major help the Holy Spirit had to handle the matter. Now it has been suppressed, how can He favour or oppose a canonization?

Bingo!
(11-20-2009, 09:27 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-20-2009, 09:10 PM)John92 Wrote: Pope John Paul II was a holy, gentle, kind man; some of his actions, even a great number of them, may have been misguided but he never meant any harm

"Not meaning any harm" is not what we want leaders to be. We want to them not to do any harm.

True, but that doesn't necessarily effect whether or not he is enjoying the Beatific Vision.  Given his access to the sacraments and the millions and millions of prayers said for his soul at death I think we can be fairly certain that he's there.
(11-20-2009, 07:03 AM)SinfullyLate Wrote:
(11-20-2009, 05:01 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(11-20-2009, 12:10 AM)Petertherock Wrote: While I wouldn't say JPII is definitely in Hell. I will let this picture speak for itself...

[Image: popefireDM1510_468x365.jpg]

And isn't FIRE typically a symbol of the strength and power (or at least presence) of GOD? 

Recall, Dante had Hell as freezing.

That is interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Also the burning bush.

I remember when that pic first came out how funny it was. All these goofball Poles going "oh oh its JPII" JPII groupies are so lame.
Because of JPII's actions and inactions, many people are in Hell. Leading many souls to Hell isn't becoming of a Saint. JPII turned the Catholic Church into a Protestant Church and allowed homosexuals to abuse young boys.

(11-20-2009, 11:17 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Because of JPII's actions and inactions, many people are in Hell. Leading many souls to Hell isn't becoming of a Saint. JPII turned the Catholic Church into a Protestant Church and allowed homosexuals to abuse young boys.

JPII had absolutely nothing to do with the pedophile scandal  ::)

As for actions and inactions, what can I say, the situation is much much more complicated than that.  I think he really did try to do what he could to return us to orthodoxy and he did a decent job, considering that he was practically surrounded by heretics.
(11-20-2009, 11:17 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Because of JPII's actions and inactions, many people are in Hell. Leading many souls to Hell isn't becoming of a Saint. JPII turned the Catholic Church into a Protestant Church and allowed homosexuals to abuse young boys.

+1
(11-20-2009, 11:22 PM)John92 Wrote:

The Legionaries of Christ founded by Marcel Marciel was a sex abuse thing that he was directly responsible for. Marciel and others were abusing seminarians and some whistleblowers told the Pope about this and he chose not to believe it. Now Pope Benedict had Marciel step down and do penance because of his sex crimes Benedict acknowledged them JPII only talked about how great his friend Marciel was even after he was told about his slippery fingers. JPII is no saint and meaning well really shouldnt cut it. I mean well but there sure as hell is no way I am a saint. That dog aint gonna hunt.
(11-20-2009, 11:29 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(11-20-2009, 11:22 PM)John92 Wrote:

The Legionaries of Christ founded by Marcel Marciel was a sex abuse thing that he was directly responsible for. Marciel and others were abusing seminarians and some whistleblowers told the Pope about this and he chose not to believe it. Now Pope Benedict had Marciel step down and do penance because of his sex crimes Benedict acknowledged them JPII only talked about how great his friend Marciel was even after he was told about his slippery fingers. JPII is no saint and meaning well really shouldnt cut it. I mean well but there sure as hell is no way I am a saint. That dog aint gonna hunt.

+1 To deny that Pope JPII had anything to do with the homosexual scandal is incredible ignorance. It would be like saying President Bush had nothing to do with the Iraq war.