Are there any specific parts of the Catholic Church you disagree with?
(12-21-2009, 05:25 PM)stormstopper Wrote:
(11-20-2009, 07:33 PM)KylePalko Wrote: I don't particularly know where I stand on the issue of purgatory, and Hell. As I lean more towards purgatory existing without a Hell. Anything that you find hard to believe, or don't particularly agree with?

There IZZZ  no purgatory because Jesus has, "by Himself, PURGED us of our sins"  (Heb 1:3).  End of story.

And yet we continue to sin..
(11-20-2009, 07:33 PM)KylePalko Wrote: I don't particularly know where I stand on the issue of purgatory, and Hell. As I lean more towards purgatory existing without a Hell. Anything that you find hard to believe, or don't particularly agree with?
There IZZZ  no purgatory because Jesus has, "by Himself, PURGED us of our sins"  (Heb 1:3).  End of story.

:readrules:

Forum Rules Wrote:[i]Anyone is most welcome to participate if they will respect the sensibilities of traditional Catholics who respect the Petrine Ministry and the man who holds the office, and if they obey the forum rules.
Let's put it this way.

Are we perfect and sinless now? No, of course not, we're still awful fallen sinners, and we'll be the same until death.
Will we be perfect and sinless in Heaven? Yes, nothing imperfect can enter Heaven. (Apoc. XXI, xxvij)

Therefore, it is clear that between the moment of death and entering Heaven we go from being imperfect to being perfect, we are made perfect. Another way of saying this is that our imperfections and defects are purged from us. This we call Purgatory.

Well, it's not the end of the story.

If you break a window and say you're sorry, you are forgiven, but you still need to pay for the window, right?  The forgiveness is something freely given that the forgiver does not owe.  The payment of the window goes to justice - it is something owed to the person we offended.  Purgatory (and suffering on earth) is paying for the sins that are forgiven and purged by Christ - it goes towards the fact that God is perfectly just and all our actions are accounted for.

"Are there any specific parts of the Catholic Church you disagree with?"

No, but I don't appreciate the convoluted language that is often employed.  Sometimes it seems like the church is saying the opposite of what it's trying to say, and it's easy to get lost in the convoluted language to the point that I don't even know what point they were trying to make anymore. 

Giving up the Papal States grinds my gears

thats about it ;)