Kennedy says RI bishop banned him from Communion
Great!
                  :'(                :awww:              :sobstory:

:clap:
(11-22-2009, 02:42 PM)Texican Wrote:                   :'(                 :awww:              :sobstory:

:clap:

So let me interpret.

1. You are sad because a Kennedy has been bared from Communion.
2. You feel you need to console said Kennedy with a pat on the back and an "atta boy."
3. You play sad music because of the sad event that has transpired because the Church is trotting in the political arena.
4. You are encouraging politically progressive Catholic to be tough on their bishops.

Is this an accurate assessment?  ;D
(11-22-2009, 01:43 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Thank God for bishops with cojones.

Somebody put that in Latin for me.......

Here goes:
Deo sit gratias pro episcopos habentes coleones

Not sure if it should be "pro" or "propter"...  ::)
To little too late if you ask me...but its a start......excommunication of the entire Kennedy clan is more in order...excommunication for ALL pro abort CINOs (catholic in name only) is actually what would impress me....but Kudos to this shepherd... for his little tiny minor spark of leadership...hopefully this spark will fan into a full blown inquisition....a guy can dream.
The reporting shows the sore lack of objective reporting these days, doesn't it?
And what's ultra-orthodox about a Catholic bishop behaving as a Catholic bishop should?
(11-22-2009, 06:30 PM)Arun Wrote: The reporting shows the sore lack of objective reporting these days, doesn't it?
And what's ultra-orthodox about a Catholic bishop behaving as a Catholic bishop should?

That's what I want to know. What would they consider just plain "orthodox"?
(11-22-2009, 05:48 PM)Antonius Block Wrote:
(11-22-2009, 01:43 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Thank God for bishops with cojones.

Somebody put that in Latin for me.......

Here goes:
Deo sit gratias pro episcopos habentes coleones

Not sure if it should be "pro" or "propter"...  ::)

Recipient of gratias in dative, cause for gratias with pro + ablative. In Late Latin, accusative works, too. To be needlessly complex, I'd also go with the relative clause of characteristic, which takes the subjunctive, and use the dative of the possessor.

Deo sit gratias pro quibus episcopis sint colei.

We have some other nifty choices of vocabulary for testicles, following J.N. Adams's The Latin Sexual Vocabulary, but I'll restrain myself.
Congrats to Bishop Tobin for "Courage of Conviction"  :tiphat:
(11-22-2009, 02:12 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Finally, some action.

The bishop has made his decision, now let him enforce it.