Kennedy says RI bishop banned him from Communion
(11-22-2009, 03:03 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(11-22-2009, 02:42 PM)Texican Wrote:                   :'(                 :awww:              :sobstory:

:clap:

So let me interpret.

1. You are sad because a Kennedy has been bared from Communion.
2. You feel you need to console said Kennedy with a pat on the back and an "atta boy."
3. You play sad music because of the sad event that has transpired because the Church is trotting in the political arena.
4. You are encouraging politically progressive Catholic to be tough on their bishops.

Is this an accurate assessment?  ;D

Something like that...  on opposite-day!  ;D
(11-22-2009, 07:44 PM)Cyriacus Wrote:
(11-22-2009, 05:48 PM)Antonius Block Wrote:
(11-22-2009, 01:43 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Thank God for bishops with cojones.

Somebody put that in Latin for me.......

Here goes:
Deo sit gratias pro episcopos habentes coleones

Not sure if it should be "pro" or "propter"...  ::)

Recipient of gratias in dative, cause for gratias with pro + ablative. In Late Latin, accusative works, too. To be needlessly complex, I'd also go with the relative clause of characteristic, which takes the subjunctive, and use the dative of the possessor.

Deo sit gratias pro quibus episcopis sint colei.

We have some other nifty choices of vocabulary for testicles, following J.N. Adams's The Latin Sexual Vocabulary, but I'll restrain myself.

Should that not rather be either Deo gratias pro … or Deo sint gratiæ pro …?
Woops! You are right. I thought I had the nominative in there, and gratias is definitely accusative. Deo sint gratiae or Deo sit gratia if you are going to keep the verb sum.
Associated press reporting the Bishop said this was a "recommendation" to Patrick....AP could be short stroking the story...I hope so, or we have just another cowardly shephard >:( ::)
Well, it's a start. I will applaud when a bishop takes this kind of action towards a pro-abort Catholic politician:

(11-23-2009, 05:21 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: Well, it's a start. I will applaud when a bishop takes this kind of action towards a pro-abort Catholic politician:

Damn.  Literally.

That was good.  I got see that movie finally.

I just wish that one bishop would do that nowadays.
Bishop Tobin just got ripped to shreds and schooled when he was a guest on Hardball with Chris Matthews.

He was there to defend his dealings with Rep. Kennedy, when Matthews who was looking for a "gotcha", got down to specifics and asked if abortion should be criminalized. What would the penalty then be for a woman who had an abortion and a doctor who performed one?
Bishop Tobin had no answer. He basically said that he would not know since he was not a lawmaker.

Once again the pro-death side has shown that pro-lifers have not seriously thought through their principles and it shows we do not have conviction and belief in our principles.
Hmmm..murder under any other venue is a criminal act subject to prosecution.
Disobedience is a major problem from a million different places in the Church today.
I caught this on TV last night.  I have never wanted to punch Chris Matthews in the face so much.  I know that's a sin, but man, it might do him some good.

I wish the bishop would have been more combative.  Matthews' reasoning was full of holes, and a sharp Thomist could have called him out.