Kennedy says RI bishop banned him from Communion
I wish Bishop Tobin had been prepared for this kind of attack on him.

Abortion is murder and should be treated like any other murder. Every single pro-life person should understand that once abortion is illegal, that of coarse the prosecution would be for murder. Murder always includes jail time. A woman who commits abortion should be sent to jail and the abortion doctor should be eligible for the death penalty.

One does not need to know any criminal law to understand this because even the simplest person understands that murders go to jail for their crimes. This is common sense that any pro-lifer should be able to defend and articulate at any time he is called to in a debate over abortion.
The jail time and specific language of the statute, is what should be left to the lawmaker and his expertise.

Matthews' primary argument was one of emotion and feeling, not one of reason.  His argument was that we shouldn't outlaw abortion and treat it as murder because no one is willing to impose the same penalties as we do for murder.  He did not argue that it was unreasonable to treat abortion as murder.  He basically just said it wouldn't feel good.  Personal comfort levels with treating those involved in abortion as murderers and accomplices to murder should have nothing to do with lawmaking.  Making law is an action that should be totally based in reason (as a law, by definition, is an ordinance of reason).  I believe if Bishop Tobin had stuck to baseline principles regarding how the civil law ought to reflect the moral law by protecting human life (instead of allowing Matthews to focus the debate on emotions and the role of the Church in lawmaking), he would have fared better.  Matthews' attack was unfair because Bishop Tobin is not trying to influence Kennedy the lawmaker.  He is trying to influence Kennedy the immortal soul who is bound for an eternity in hell.
Matthews is a commie lib troll and the only mistake the good bishop made was to appear on that insufferable asses show in the first place
(11-24-2009, 05:07 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: Matthews' primary argument was one of emotion and feeling, not one of reason.  His argument was that we shouldn't outlaw abortion and treat it as murder because no one is willing to impose the same penalties as we do for murder.  He did not argue that it was unreasonable to treat abortion as murder.  He basically just said it wouldn't feel good.  Personal comfort levels with treating those involved in abortion as murderers and accomplices to murder should have nothing to do with lawmaking. 

Bishop Tobin could have stopped Matthew's rant dead in the tracks, by quickly stating that women should go to jail and then defending this position against the sentimentality and whining of Matthews that it wasn't realistic.

What irritated Matthews is that Tobin wouldn't given an answer at first. The pro-death side is always desperately trying to see if pro-lifers really mean it and tries to catch them is some sort of hypocrisy or contradiction.
It happens time and time again that the Novus Ordo bishops are in over their heads when they appear on TV.

They don't comprehend the hatred and fierce opposition they are met with in these interviews with a radical leftist elitist media. They will pull out all the stops and ask every sort of question to confuse and get a contradiction from the bishops. It takes a tough personality to be able to dish it back to the media and most of these bishops are too gracious, soft, and emasculated, to really intellectually clobber the media.
whatever Mr K....deal with it, you are NOT a Catholic.  You are a baby killing heretic :fish:  May God have mercy on his soul, and may he experience a profound conversion
If I was the Bishop, I would of gotten pissed off, stand up and excommunicate the bum Matthews on the spot.

Matthews is a so-called Catholic.  I heard him say in an interview that he prides himself being a Catholic in likeness of the Kennedy's.  :puke:
Is Mr Matthews a Roman Catholic?
(11-24-2009, 06:58 PM)1960 era altarboy Wrote: Is Mr Matthews a Roman Catholic?

I know it is hard to see, but here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Matth...and_family

Quote:Matthews was born in Somerton, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Irish American parents and is a Roman Catholic.
I was afraid of that! >:(