what's the deal with vampire related stuff
as we may all know the new twilight movie just scored some major dough.  Now, I never heard of twilight before the last two weeks just like how I never heard of harry potter till those movies started coming out.  As a lad, I was more interested in reading mythology and Plato and Shakespeare in the original Klingon.

Then on HBO there is True Blood.  Considering that the public is still pretty hot on boy wizards, is this the thing to come where we have traditional villains and evil-doers in our literature and films become these romantic heroes.  In so is there any threat for having say wizards who power is magic which we all know where magic comes from or vampires which for almost entire human history have been considered demonic forces become agents of good.  Does it skew our perceptions of good and evil, or does it help destroy society at various levels.  For example, one interpretation of vampires is unbridled sexual energy, Dracula coming into women homes to suck their blood is akin to rape.  This rational of vampires is thus rationalizing the libertine sexual attitudes of modern folks.

Its pretty weird.
Yeah, I never understood why vampires were cool or interesting.
I never got it. It is wildly popular amongst the high school girls though.
BrevisVir55 Wrote:It is wildly popular amongst the high school girls though.

Oh dear, one can only wonder what would Freud say about blood-sucking vampires vis-a-vis youth.
Well some do like rough sex. Not to go into to much detail but for a few years I was with a lass who would love to be cut before the sinning. Me too. I have a few scars. From her.
I dunno. I don't recomend it unless its your wife of course but is it a sin for a husband and wife to do that kind of foreplay?
Just sayin
(11-22-2009, 08:48 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: as we may all know the new twilight movie just scored some major dough.  Now, I never heard of twilight before the last two weeks just like how I never heard of harry potter till those movies started coming out.  As a lad, I was more interested in reading mythology and Plato and Shakespeare in the original Klingon.

Twilight isn't about vampires. It is about a freaky love story between an old man murderer and a stupid teenage girl.

http://www.cracked.com/video_18115_the-5...ailer.html
An article in praise of "the saintly and devout Catholic, Dr. Abraham Van Helsing" and his war against evil:

No Dread of the Undead
Robert Hart on Virtues & Vampires
http://www.touchstonemag.com/archives/ar...6-06-022-v

Well I don't know about new moon buyt the first one was about vampires. Twilight. Also related I enjoyed 30 daysd of night. Fun movie
Sip
30 days of night was good.
I was a huge twilight fan...I dont mind it now, watched the movies and whatnot. Its kinda dumb, when you get right down to it.
I prefer Anne Rice Vampires, myself...