what's the deal with vampire related stuff
(11-23-2009, 10:45 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 10:44 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 10:42 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Not the movie Edward, the one in the book...the movies are actually pretty off from the books. The one in the books wasnt such a femme.

Right. Because a 100+ year old man can act like a teenager convincingly, yet have proper body hair.
HAHA! Oh get over the body hair! Like I said, the Edward in the movie is a tool, the one in the book, is somethin else...

It is a creepy story, regardless of how it is told. A man, over 100 years old, possibly immortal, and a murder, does not act like a kid in high school or develop any kind of feelings for teenage girls unless it is annoyance.
(11-23-2009, 10:47 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 10:45 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 10:44 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 10:42 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Not the movie Edward, the one in the book...the movies are actually pretty off from the books. The one in the books wasnt such a femme.

Right. Because a 100+ year old man can act like a teenager convincingly, yet have proper body hair.
HAHA! Oh get over the body hair! Like I said, the Edward in the movie is a tool, the one in the book, is somethin else...

It is a creepy story, regardless of how it is told. A man, over 100 years old, possibly immortal, and a murder, does not act like a kid in high school or develop any kind of feelings for teenage girls unless it is annoyance.
A) He died and was turned when he was 17, so in order to keep up the facade and live in polite society, he has to pretend to be a teenager and go in high school.
B) She is 17, almost 18 (turns 18 in the second book.)...legal! And love can happen regardless of age (within reason, of course)
In response to the question, it is preparation for hell. This has been coming for awhile, all of the new types of entertainment are dark, dark, dark. We don't have heroes anymore we are given anti-heroes. It isn't just vampires it is almost anything that is entertainment. For those that remember the Italian Monk that sings heavy metal, the opening word of his song was desolation in  Italian. That ain't Catholic no matter how you howl it. On the whole today's entertainment is a preamble for hell.
tim
(11-23-2009, 12:03 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: A) He died and was turned when he was 17, so in order to keep up the facade and live in polite society, he has to pretend to be a teenager and go in high school.
I've been to high school. He must be in hell. I know I was, but only for four years. Maybe I should have pity on him. He probably cracked after all this time.

Also, I was 17 before. I could pass for older if I wanted. Why doesn't he do something that isn't full of meaningless child rules? Like, get a job at the night shift at some convenient store. If one is going to spend their "life" as a 17 year old (his documents would still age with him though), why do it in the least freedom enhancing and most privacy intruding place?

Quote: B) She is 17, almost 18 (turns 18 in the second book.)...legal! And love can happen regardless of age (within reason, of course)
In that case, she's a necrophiliac.
(11-22-2009, 09:20 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Well some do like rough sex. Not to go into to much detail but for a few years I was with a lass who would love to be cut before the sinning. Me too. I have a few scars. From her.
I dunno. I don't recomend it unless its your wife of course but is it a sin for a husband and wife to do that kind of foreplay?
Just sayin

TMI!
(11-23-2009, 06:20 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(11-22-2009, 09:20 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Well some do like rough sex. Not to go into to much detail but for a few years I was with a lass who would love to be cut before the sinning. Me too. I have a few scars. From her.
I dunno. I don't recomend it unless its your wife of course but is it a sin for a husband and wife to do that kind of foreplay?
Just sayin

TMI!

Is it a sin?  Ask Christopher West:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...768.0.html

(11-24-2009, 09:15 PM)Miquelot Wrote:
Just sayin

TMI!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure St. Thomas would say it's disordered.
I hate vampire movies.  Bunch of actors in plastic teeth hissing at people.  Vacuous nonsense.

St. Thomas also denied the Immaculate Conception so.....yea....for what that's worth.....
(11-25-2009, 12:58 AM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(11-24-2009, 09:15 PM)Miquelot Wrote:
Just sayin

TMI!

Unquestionably disordered; morally sinful though? 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure St. Thomas would say it's disordered.
(11-25-2009, 01:03 AM)DrBombay Wrote: I hate vampire movies.  Bunch of actors in plastic teeth hissing at people.  Vacuous nonsense.

St. Thomas also denied the Immaculate Conception so.....yea....for what that's worth.....

He's also a Doctor of the Church.  Plus, there is hardly a consensus about his position on the Immaculate Conception.